main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Unlocking

Samsung Master Unlock Code required

2: Seeker

Hello Moderators

I'm trying to unlock my Samsung Galaxy S7. I have already requested and received a NUC. Reading other related posts (e.g. here), it seems that I also need a Samsung Master Unlock code in order to successfully unlock my S7.

Can a moderator please PM me to resolve?

Thanks

Craig

View more options
6 REPLIES 6
1: Seeker

Having the exact same issue with my S9+.

Speaking to live chat is useless. They have no idea what the master unlock code is. Nor do the team you'll get referred to via email. I've sent probably 5 emails now advising I do not need the NUC code. I've told them I have a Samsung and I need a master unlock code and they don't seem to understand what this is.

I'm in Vietnam and tried a Vietnamese SIM in my S9+ and it didn't work, nor did the NUC.

I could be here long term now and I'm relying solely on wifi which is proving annoying.

Vodafone really are useless when it comes to resolving issues. I can't tell you how many times I have to speak to them about the simplest of problems.. staff training is not their strong point. Wish someone would do something. I've been here 13 days now and my phone is still locked. 

View more options

To try to expedite the process I contacted Samsung. They told me that a paper trail is required and therefore Vodafone need to request the code from them directly.

Over to you Vodafone...

View more options

I'm sorry for our delay in replying @stuartcrees and @crsh. So we can contact Samsung and help get your phones unlocked, please get in touch through the link in private message I've sent.

View more options

Same thing happening me. So frustrating. Did you get your master code & how long did it take? I've been waiting a week now and still no code....

View more options

@GrainneMcBride It's disappointing to hear you're also having problems unlocking your phone. 
I've sent you a private message too, with details on how to get in touch with us. We'll then be able to help get this resolved for you 😊

View more options
4: Newbie

Did you ever get this resolved?

View more options