Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung S7 And S8 "SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK"

karl20092
2: Seeker

Hi,

We have run into a huge problem with 2 phones one's a S7 and the other is a S8. We switched from Vodafone to Three UK, Vodafone gave us the NUC Codes to unlock our phones.

Now here's the problem when ever we put the sim card in the S7 Or this S8 its constantly asking for a PUK Code. from what i could tell is that a PUK Code is needed when the simcard has been blocked but we know that the simcard has not been blocked as we tried it it another S8 that is fully unlocked and the simcard is confirmed to be working. Even another simcard that we know is 100% Working once we put it into this S7 or the other S8 instead of asking us for a NUC Code it constantly asks us for a PUK Code even though the simcard has not been locked.

From what i can tell i have checked other forum threads is that we need a MCK/Defreeze code as we have gotten the phones locked.

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Other-OS-Unlocking/Samsung-S6-quot-SIM-network-PIN-blocked-Enter-SIM...

How do i go about contacting Vodafone to get this MCK code from them as this is ongoing and i do not need a PUK Code as i have said to them more than enough in live support.

7 REPLIES 7

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Do you have sim pins activated in the phones settings which stops unauthorised usage of a sim card in the phone. 

A PUK Code is needed if the SIM pin has been entered wrongly too many times. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

No, That option is not enabled on both phones. As others have come across this issue before we need the MCK/Defreeze/Master Control Key code.. This is the only way for us to use these phones on another network as we cannot get back to the part where it asks for a NUC untill we have entered the MCK.

BandOfBrothers

Ah.

Is it something similar to this thread albeit a different Samsung Product.

Unlocking-Galaxy-S6.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Same thing with from this thread as well. Exact problem i am having and having the MCK code seems like the only way to fix this.

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Other-OS-Unlocking/Samsung-S6-quot-SIM-network-PIN-blocked-Enter-SIM...

AnnS

Hi @karl20092

This will be one for the forum Team to pick up. If you wait for a reply, they will get this sorted for you and get the phones unlocked.

There has been a lot of questions asking about the SIM network defreeze PIN . 

Kavbin

Can you please tell me how did u get your problem sorted, mine is exactly the same , I don't know what to do

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

We can help with unlocking your phone @Kavbin. Please send us a message over on our Facebook or Twitter page and our team will escalate this to our Unlocking team. We'll then be able to keep you updated on the progress of this.

By including your Community username and link to your post (by right clicking the subject line of your post) you won't need to repeat yourself and it'll save you some time :Smiling: