2: Seeker
2: Seeker

xoxo

11 REPLIES 11

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @e01 

Due to soon to become in place ruling by Ofcom as detailed in ofcom.org.uk/mobile-firms-banned-from-selling-locked-handsets Vodafone have started to provide phones that are unlocked out of the box including iPhone's.

However people who have had their phone's for a while would still have phone's that are locked to Vodafone which is why they still have the unlocking page with a form here unlock-code-request. 

The criteria now for unlocking a phone via Vodafone is that it was bought from them and that it's not been blacklisted.

I note in your post that you have bought the phone from Vodafone.

Can I assume you've been using the Vodafone sim card in the iPhone recently too.

If not then use the sim card in the iPhone for a short while to help latch the iPhone back to your Vodafone account again, and then fill out the Nuc form again.

Another option is to acquire a Vodafone Payg sim card and use that in the iPhone for a short while and use the new Vodafone Payg account details to request the Nuc.

If you have been using it recently and the information your providing in the form is accurate then either call 191 or 0333 3040191 or use Live Chat.

Or contact the Vodafone Social Media Team's via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries and they'll get this resolved for you.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

i put my three phone in and after like 5 hours i can make a call but my  other real number simcard isn't working. any help??

BandOfBrothers

Hi @e01 

If Vodafone UK have supplied a phone that is locked to their network, and then supply a Nuc when requested by the account holder which is the unlocking code.

Then using the supplied Nuc in the phone will unlock that phone to allow it to use any Network's sim card from that point.

I'm not sure what you mean regarding this part of your post. Can you elaborate please.

“ but my  other real number simcard isn't working. ”

Maybe this other sim card is faulty  !

Current Phone  >

Hi @e01! If you select Yes that your phone is an iPhone on our Network Unlock form, you'll be advised this is already unlocked. As you've advised that you've already tried another network's SIM in the phone; please complete the form to ensure your phone is unlocked, and please select the following options on the form: No > No > Yes > Yes > No and then select the manufacturer as Apple. Please let us know how you get on 🙂

I did all that and they email me

back saying “it’s not verified to

be bought from Vodafone ” but if that is the case, how can it be locked to vodafone in the first place? 

Beth
Community Manager
Community Manager

Where did you purchase the iPhone from? If this was second-hand, it could have been on another person's account. We would need the account holder to process the Network Unlock form. 

I bought it from cex. It was and still is locked to vodafone

“Unfortunately, we couldn't proceed because the IMEI number provided was not originally supplied by Vodafone.”

BandOfBrothers

When you purchased the iPhone from CEX @e01 did the sticker on the iPhone say unlocked to all networks  ?

Does the iPhone accept a Vodafone UK Sim card and everything work. I appreciate you've confirmedcalls do ?

You may need to return the phone to CEX if the sticker said unlocked to all networks.

If it showed locked to Vodafone on the sticker then you'll need to use your own Vodafone Payg sim card in the iPhone making calls and texts to latch its serial and imei number to your new Vodafone Payg account and use those details to request it's unlock.

Another option is to use a reputable online unlocking site or Highstreet Store that advertises they unlock phone's but they would levy a charge for unlocking your phone.

Current Phone  >