cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Trying to unlock Note 10+ 5g. Got unlock code, but phone keeps asking for PUK for new SIM

LolM
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Trying to unlock Note 10+ 5g. Got unlock code, but phone keeps asking for PUK for new SIM.  However, when I input the PUK, I get the message "unlock unsuccessful", before I've even tried the unlock code!

3 REPLIES 3

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

We can help with unlocking your phone @LolM. Please pop our team a message on Facebook or Twitter with a link to your post and your Community username. You then won't need to repeat your query and we can escalate this to our Unlocking team.

I've been tag-teamed by your Facebook people since Tuesday. I've sent them links to this chat and links to another chat (https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Unlocking/Unlock-code-not-working/td-p/2633799) where  i actually received some advice, but the response was "...I understand the forum has offered some form of advice, but we wish to make sure the correct steps are taken...", and then I was asked to describe the problem repeatedly, and repeat steps I'd already tried, until i felt like screaming. 

At one point one of them effectively accused me of lying about having received the unlock code! So i sent a screenshot of the email that advised it.

Last night i was told that the problem had been escalated to the NUC team. It 'only' took three days get around to that!

I'm not impressed, and I'll be moving my family to another phone service provider as soon as I can. 

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

I've had a look at the conversation you've had with us @LolM and fed this back internally for you. I can see that we've received your latest message and will be in touch to make sure this is resolved for you.