Welcome to Vodafone Community
Hi. I received a NUC for my K5160 dongle but don't know where to enter it. I saw another post recommedning simply to put in an alternative SIM and then insert the dongle and I will be prompted somehow to enter the NUC. I have done this and there is nothing to prompt me. I checked the IP address of the dongle (ipconfig /all) and tried entering the gateway address into my browser but no luck. Help please.
I remember replying to a post asking this question.
If you go to this page
https://www.vodafone.co.uk/explore/network/unlocking-your-phone/how-do-I-use-my-nuc/index.htm and use Huawei you will get step by step instructions on how to use the code and unlock your dongle.
Edit I have found the thread https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Unlocking/Unlock-K5160-where-do-I-input-the-code/m-p/2611755#M66430
When you go into My computer, you need to enter your device. The gateway number can be found under the device battery compartment.
All the information is on the link and it will be correct.
Thanks but that does not help me. When I proceed according to those steps, there is no opportunity to enter the NUC, there is no "redirection to unlocking page"
1. Insert your new network SIM card
2. Connect the device to your PC or laptop using a USB cable
3. Go to My computer and double-click on R207 (it may appear as a CD-ROM icon) to install the device
4. Open an internet browser and type 192.168.x.x in the address bar to open the homepage for the device (the full gateway code can be found in the battery compartment of your device)
5. When prompted, enter your unlock code and choose Okay
If you have any problems when following these, can you please provide a screenshot? When you upload this, for security reasons, please mask any personal information.
Thanks, I know how to find the gateway IP address of a network adaptor. But this doesn't help me.
I have perfromed the following steps.
1. Inserted non-Vodafone SIM
2. Inseted the K5160 into the USB port of a Win 10 PC
3. Checked "This PC" and I see a "CD drive". This contains only an HTML file which is a "Notice regarding Open Source software". So, nothing to install.
4. Windows recognises the presence of the broadband adaptor but it's "operator locked". There is no IP address or gateway IP address. See attached. The dongle flashes green during this time.
I noticed that if I go to https://www.vodafone.co.uk/explore/network/unlocking-your-phone/how-do-I-use-my-nuc/index.htm and select Huawei there is an option for K5150, the predecessor to this device and I am directed to request an unlocking tool from a vodafone mail address. I have emailed this address but only got automated replies.
No. All I get is the following. I have tried several times.
This is an automated Response
Thank you for getting in touch about unlocking your phone. To do this, you need a network unlock code (NUC) from us.
Have you checked our pages on Vodafone.co.uk/nuc
How long does it take to get a NUC?
If we already have your NUC on our systems, we’ll aim to get it to you within 2 working days. If we don’t, it can take up to 10 working days for us to get it from your phone’s manufacturer.
What happens next?
As soon as your NUC is ready, we’ll email it to the address you gave us – along with instructions on what to do next.
Vodafone Customer Services team
...and I already received the NUC a few weeks ago. Am on the point of giving up and flogging it on eBay. Somebody might actually want to use it on the Vodafone netowrk I guess.