Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unable to unlock K5160 USB dongle

NKULEZUJ
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi. I received a NUC for my K5160 dongle but don't know where to enter it. I saw another post recommedning simply to put in an alternative SIM and then insert the dongle and I will be prompted somehow to enter the NUC. I have done this and there is nothing to prompt me. I checked the IP address of the dongle (ipconfig /all) and tried entering the gateway address into my browser but no luck. Help please.

Thanks

14 REPLIES 14

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@NKULEZUJ So we can chase this up with our unlocking team, please follow the details I'll send to you shortly via private message and our team will be in touch to help.

Hello,

I have tried all instructions on here and i am still struggling to unlock my K5160 dongle. I got my network unlocking code (NUC) 

Please help

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hey @VODELLISNAZZARO, are you getting any kind of error when trying to unlock your dongle with the instruction provided? 

If you're still struggling, please contact us via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or get in touch on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK.

Make sure to pop your username and link to this thread in your message too, this will save you having to explain again and we can help you quicker. 

When I plug it in with another sim just says cellular locked. Nothing comes up at all. Vodafone store didn’t know how to do it. I hope u can help

Loz
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

I'm sorry you're still struggling to get this up and running @VODELLISNAZZARO I appreciate just how unsatisfying this must be. We'd love the chance to get this looked into right away and help get things sorted. To do this, please send us a private message via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or contact us on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK. Don't forget to include the link to this thread, along with your username.