main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Unlocking

Unlink iPad from iPhone account

Highlighted
3: Seeker

Can anyone help with this? I sold the iPad on eBay and now the buyer can’t use his SIM in the iPad 🤔 it was linked to my iPhone account but I’ve replaced the phone since getting the iPad, however I think the devices are still linked...

View more options
3 REPLIES 3
17: Community Champion

If the iPad is a cellular and wifi version which was originally supplied by Vodafone UK then it's most probably locked to Vodafone Uk and the buyer is trying to use another network sim card in it. i.e. not a Vodafone sim.

Either you would need to request it's unlock via using the online form or the buyer uses a Vodafone Payg sim card in the device for 30 days using data etc and then they request it's unlock.

How-do-I-unlock-my-phone-or-tablet-to-use-on-another-network.

To clear an apple device so another person can input their own Apple ID.

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options
3: Seeker

Thanks so much for your reply! I wish I’d come on here before I sold the iPad! I’ve now requested via the form for the iPad to be unlocked. Luckily my buyer has been very patient so far...once again thank you 🙏😊

View more options
17: Community Champion

You're very welcome @TinyDancer 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options