Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unlock Code Not Working in Samsung S7 Edge

Dutch66
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Requested a PUK from Vodafone. Received a PUK by e-mail. Followed the instructions but cannot unlock the phone. The message displayed when re-starting the phone is: "SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK". When the PUK received from Vodafone is entered, the following message is displayed: "Network unlock request unsuccessful", followed by "SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK".

Contacting Vodafone and spending 45 minutes on a landline, I was given the impression that all was going to be resolved. When calling back 3 days later, it transpired that nothing has been done to remedy the situation and it could take anywhere between 3 to 10 (!) working days to receive a new PUK.

I honestly do not understand why a simple request such as a PUK is such a challenging issue to address correctly and in a timely manner. Surely, if the incorrect PUK was supplied in the first place, issuing a new working one would be a priority.

The end result is that I have been without a mobile phone for nearly a week as the Vodafone contract is finsihed and obviously I cannot use my new network provider.

10 REPLIES 10

On the phone with Vodafone this afternoon for another 35 minutes and transferred a total of 7 times I finally spoke a Vodafone customer rep called Brandon who was most unhelpfull and actually hang up on me without remedying the problem. Customer service at its worst.

Still waiting to get my problem addressed. However Brandon did mention that my Vodafone contract keeps running and will be active on 8 Dec, but I will not be able to use the Vodafone network till that date. In summary, I pay for something I have no benefit of.