Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unlock Code Not Working in Samsung S7 Edge

Dutch66
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Requested a PUK from Vodafone. Received a PUK by e-mail. Followed the instructions but cannot unlock the phone. The message displayed when re-starting the phone is: "SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK". When the PUK received from Vodafone is entered, the following message is displayed: "Network unlock request unsuccessful", followed by "SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK".

Contacting Vodafone and spending 45 minutes on a landline, I was given the impression that all was going to be resolved. When calling back 3 days later, it transpired that nothing has been done to remedy the situation and it could take anywhere between 3 to 10 (!) working days to receive a new PUK.

I honestly do not understand why a simple request such as a PUK is such a challenging issue to address correctly and in a timely manner. Surely, if the incorrect PUK was supplied in the first place, issuing a new working one would be a priority.

The end result is that I have been without a mobile phone for nearly a week as the Vodafone contract is finsihed and obviously I cannot use my new network provider.

10 REPLIES 10

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @Dutch66 

It's not a PUK code you need, it's an MCK Master Code, this is entered before the unlock code given to you by Vodafone.  You need to ask Vodafone specifically for the master code, this should have been provided the same time as the NUC code.

Please see this previous thread: https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Unlocking/Samsung-s7-master-code-needed/td-p/2619417

There will also be other previous threads on the forum, please try the search facility for more answers.

If you have problems getting CS to understand the code you need follow this link: Contact Us 

Many thanks for the advise .... after reading the messages on the forum, I am not very confident that Vodafone is able to remedy the issue.

I have been a Vodafone customer for over 14 years, had more than 5 phones registered on their network over that period, but when cancelling the contract, no representative of Vodafone enquired why I had decided to cancel the contract. It all feels very bureaucraticand inefficient .... which most probably is reflected in their shareprice ...

AnnS

@Dutch66 wrote:

Many thanks for the advise .... after reading the messages on the forum, I am not very confident that Vodafone is able to remedy the issue.

I have been a Vodafone customer for over 14 years, had more than 5 phones registered on their network over that period, but when cancelling the contract, no representative of Vodafone enquired why I had decided to cancel the contract. It all feels very bureaucraticand inefficient .... which most probably is reflected in their shareprice ...

Vodafone will be able to supply the Mastercode you need to complete the unlocking process.  I would suggest using Twitter for a quick response.

Not sure of the reason for your share price comment, profits get put back into improving the business, an example is the new 5G infractucture to benefit all customers.

Sad to share with you that I have filled out all of the formalities as per Vodafone guidelines to unlock my Samsung S7 Edge with no success to date. Vodafone's record keeping of conversations with their customers seems, based on my experience, non existent as there was no record of previous conversations on this topic when contacting a Vodafone representative this morning. I have spoken so often to them that the sentence: " we are happy to help ..." is becoming disconcerting. 

Furthermore, Vodafone seems to think that it is totally acceptable not to have access to a mobile phone and mobile data for anywhere between 3 to 10 working days (despite it being their fault for not delivering the right code).

Why would using Twitter result in receving a faster response from Vodafone? No where on the Vodafone website is this promoted as the preferred means of communication .... and what if one does not do Twitter?

Re your comment on 5G, perhaps Vodafone should try to supply their customers with a strong and consistent 4G signal instead. It is sad that living 15 miles west of Aberdeen Vodafone is unable to provide us with a strong and consistent 4G signal ...

Anyway, still waiting on the unlock code(s). Today is day: 10.

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Here on the Vodafone Community Forum @Dutch66 - we're part of the Social Media team. We'll deal with any account specific queries, via our social channels. If you'd like us to take a look into anything, as @AnnS mentioned; you'd need to get in touch here.

I have spend approximately 3 hours on the phone with Vodafone today to get the phone unlocked and get a PAC (which for the record was requested on 8 Nov). The contradictory messages and confusing advise received is very concerning. I spoke to a Vodafone rep on Wednesday 13 Nov and was promised that a new code would be requested. Today it transpired that nothing has been actioned as promised last week. Not sure if what was promised today will be actioned based on previous experience.

On the last call I was transferred 3 times to a different operator needing to repeat all the details. The last operator could not locate the account, where previous reps could access the account.

This is an extremely disappointing experience. With no resolution in sight ....

AnnS

Hi @Dutch66 

@TJ  has offered to help with the unlocking issue, but she does need you to get in contact by following the Contact us for Account Specific Enquiries  link.

As far as your PAC is concerned, if you text PAC to 65075, you will receive your PAC by return text message.  There is also further information here:  Cancel Account and receive a PAC 

I cannot receive any texts or make any calls from my mobile phone (since 11 Nov) because the Vodafone SIM does not work anymore and I cannot unlock the SIM of my new provider.

It seems that the only way to get this resolved is to reinstate the Vodafone contract, receive the codes by text message and re-cancel the Vodafone contract once again. The only downside is that I am paying for 2 mobile contracts at the same time, but that I guess is of no concern to Vodafone ....