main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Unlocking

Unlock Code Not Working

Highlighted
2: Seeker

After unsuccessfully trying an online phone unlock store, I ordered a Vodaphone PAYG sim so that I could get a free unlock code after being a customer for 30 days. 

The code arrived and the unlock was unsuccessful.

The IMEI I provided Vodaphone was correct, and I entered the unlock code correctly.

I now have  only 3 of the 5 attempts left to unlock my phone, which is a Sony Xperia XZ Premium.

The email I received with my code said
"If you follow the instructions and your new SIM doesn’t work, don’t worry – just get in touch with us through the Vodaphone Community."

Just wondering where I go from here, as I'm getting a bit concerened about only having 3 attempts at unlocking left.

Thanks.

View more options
3 REPLIES 3
17: Community Champion

I agree be wary because if you run out of attempts and hardlock the phone it will then need to be sent away to be reset do you can try again. 

I assume the alternative network sim card your using is activated i.e. connects to mobile data etc.

unlocking-your-phone/how-do-I-use-my-nuc.

If you perform a forum search you may come across similar threads from people unlocking their Sony phones and found a solution. 

I'd suggest to contact customer service on 191 or Live Chat to get assistance. 

That or the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Facebook or Twitter can help.

My apologies at having to send you elsewhere to engage with Vodafone UK as I appreciate you came here , signed up and created a post to reach out for help but the Team here can no longer help with Account based issues.

But it's the same Social Media Teams here that help and assist via Facebook and Twitter.

Things have changed as they have decided that help and assistance with account based issues would be best supported that way.

I appreciate not everyone wants to use Social Media however it takes but a few moments to create a Twitter or Facebook account and then can be forgotten if necessary. Just a thought.

Please remember to include the link to your forum post, along with your username.

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options
2: Seeker

Thanks for the quick response.

Yes, the alternative sim is activated and working.

I'll have a good search of the forum and if that fails will contact via Facebook.

Thanks again

View more options
17: Community Champion

You're very welcome @nicknac 

I hope all goes Ok for you. 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options