main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Unlocking

Unlock K5160 - where do I input the code?

S13_Mills
2: Seeker

Unlock there,

I'd like to unlock my K5160 - I have the NUC, but don't know what you do next! Where do I input the code? I can't find anywhere in the Windows 10 app, and I don't get a prompt, despite trying several different PCs.

Thank you in advance for your help!

View more options
3 REPLIES 3
BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @S13_Mills

According to this page here unlock-vodafone-k5160-huawei-dongle-use-another-sim-card by inserting another sim card that's active ie connects to mobile network data it should then take you to another specific unlock page. 

If it isn't then try using the dongle on another computer with different windows or OS X on it. 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G - SM9860 Snapdragon.

Samsung One Ui 3.1  / Android 11.

View more options
AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @S13_Mills

If you go to this page How to use your Network Unlock Code  and choose Huawei you will be able to find instruction on how to use the code.

However, the information here will help, it will be for the Huawei R207 but should still work for your device.

1. Insert your new network SIM card
  2. Connect the device to your PC or laptop using a USB cable
  3. Go to My computer and double-click on R207 (your device)  (it may appear as a CD-ROM icon) to install the device
  4. Open an internet browser and type 192.168.x.x in the address bar to open the homepage for the device (the full gateway code can be found in the battery compartment of your device)
  5. When prompted, enter your unlock code and choose Okay

If you have any further problem using the code please contact Vodafone through the Customer Service channels and they will help.

View more options
S13_Mills
2: Seeker

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the suggestions - in the end this turned out to be far more simple than I thought (probably why there's no documentation about it!).

I plugged the dongle into my Linux computer and it was detected as an Ethernet card. The gateway address was 192.168.9.1 - I just opened that address in a browser, and unlocked it from the web interface!

This would have worked on a windows PC as well I think, but because I didn't know which IP address I needed to go to, I wasn't able to figure it out.

Hope this helps someone!

View more options