Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unlock LG G5 handset

Aliospalio
1: Seeker

Applied for unlock code which was approved and recieved instructions. the unlock code for the phone does not work

2945#*850#

please advise 

thanks

5 REPLIES 5

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Aliospalio 

That is correct, please see here:  Use your Unlock code  The code represents the phone model number and will bring up your unlock menu.

You will also need to make sure the alternative SIM you are using is activated and working.

Not sure what i am doing wrong but no menu appears still. Tried with 2 different sims

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

I'm sorry to hear you're still having trouble getting your phone unlocked @Aliospalio. Have you tried using the following instructions?

1. Turn on phone with accepted / Current Locked Network SIM
2. Enter 2945#*855#
3. A menu will pop up, select “SIM Unlock Process”
4. After That Select “Network Lock & Service Provider Lock”
5. Enter your NUC code and SPCK code (If Asked) and press OK
6. Your LG phone may automatically reboot
7. Your LG should now be unlocked

Give this a try and let me know how you get on 👍

Im having the exact same problems. The lg g5 code provided by vodafone 2945#*850# does not work. Ive been trying so many different ways of resolving this problem and spent a crazy amount of hours on live chat with vodafone to no avail. I really need to get my phone unlocked in the next week so i can use it when i go abroad!! Any help is greatly welcomed

@aliospalio So ive found the problem the code 2945#*850# relates to a specific lgg5 model i.e. lgg5 model h850

My phone is h840 so i just needed to put 2945#*840# which brings up the section needed