main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Unlocking

Unlock Phone

Highlighted
1: Seeker

How frustrating can this get? I contacted a customer services advisor, asked for my code to unlock the phone, gave the IMEI number of my Samsung S7 which had been under contract for over 2 years, which had subsequently been upgraded to an S8.  All I want to do is use the S7 on a different network with a different SIM.  I must say, the first advisor I had was great, gave me the NUK number and off I went.  The unlock number did not work.  I contacted customer services again, only to be told the first advisor had given me incorrect information and I needed to complete a form.  I did this whilst the advisor was on the phone.  I received the NUC via email only to find it was exactly the same number that I had been given over the phone which did not work.  Clearly, I went through all the steps provided with the code in the email, again without success.  The default option is to join the community and ask this question.  Where do I go from here.  I have to have a second phone on a different network as the Vodafone signal is so bad.  To be clear I cannot unlock my phone with the code given, following every step correctly.  I am still using the same phone number in my current phone and I have no outstanding invoices.  Please help urgently, I have a business to run.

View more options
2 REPLIES 2
17: Community Champion

Hi @CommsRebel 

Its unusual but not unheard of for an agent to generate a Nuc while the person is on the phone _ however the normal procedure is to fill out the Nuc Online form and await for the email holding the Nuc.

May I assume your currently in the UK as a Nuc may not work if a person is abroad.

Also may I assume the alternative network sim card your using to complete the process is activated ?

i.e. connects to that networks mobile data etc.

Also some Samsung phones sometimes need a mastercode also known as an unfreeze code as well as the Nuc.

If yours does then Vodafone Customer services can provide this and ask them specifically for this additional code.

Vodafone Social Media on Facebook Twitter can help too.

The only other solution I know of if your in a rush is to engage a Highstreet Store that advertises they unlock phones to unlock the phone for you but obviously this would come with a fee from the shop.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 9 _512Gb > Model: SM-N960 Hybrid-Duos.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options
1: Seeker

Thank you band of brothers.  I just spent another 59 minutes on the phone to customer services.  Yes, I am in the country, the sim is registered etc.  I asked to be transferred to the resolutions team and was told  that can never happen as they are back office and even the customer service person I was speaking with cannot speak with them, they can only email.  I explained about the Master Code or Unfreeze code and again was told there is no such thing, they have never heard of this, it's only the unlock code that is required.  So again, I request the CS advisor contact the resolutions team and ask them about this - yes they have emailed and now I have to wait for a response from the resolutions team.  I also asked the CS advisor what other steps I can take to be active to help resolve this situation and she suggested Samsung, but only after I have the response from the resolutions team as they should be able to resolve, I guess the trick is in their title??

Thanks Again and I will let you know what, if anything happens in this saga, as I have it confirmed 100% the IMEI number is the number for the Samsung S7 registered to me/showing on Vodafone system and therefore the unlock code provided is definitely the correct code, but it does not work.

KR CommsRebel

View more options