main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Unlocking

Unlock S7 not asking for NUC

2: Seeker

My 2 year vodafone contract ended so I got a NUC from vodafone so I can use the S7 on giffgaff.

Contract ended and service ended on phone.  Put giffgaff sim in S7 and it didn't ask for the NUC.

Took sim out and booted without one then shutdown and put giffgass sim back in.  Still not asking for code.

Found on google to enter #7465625*638*# and it asked for the code.

But the code failed twice.

Checked the IMEI matches the one on the vodafone email with the NUC.  It's correct.

How do I enter the NUC?  Is the above code the right one to open the NUC screen?

What are my options?

View more options
3 REPLIES 3
17: Community Champion

Hi @MrCheesedOff

Is the GiffGaff Network Sim card activated which means it connects to 4G / 3G etc ?

Try putting a 0 (zero) at the beginning of the Nuc Code.

However keep in mind that a phone typically allows x10 attempts and after that it could Hard Lock which means it'll then need to be sent away to be reset so further Nuc attempts can be tried.

The Samsung phone may need a master code aka unfreeze code.

Customer service can give you the direct email address to contact the Nuc Department for support to ask about a master code and Samsung customer service may also be able to supply one but they won't be able to help you with unlocking.

Current Phone > Samsung Note 9 _512Gb > Model: SM-N960 Hybrid-Duos.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options
2: Seeker

In Network Lock Control Key screen I put a 0 in front of Nuc. No joy.

Giffgaff SIM is activated.

Would Vodafone payg SIM be safest so as not to brick the phone? Would be annoying as already bought credit on Giffgaff but cheaper than new phone.

View more options
17: Community Champion

I'm not saying the issue is the Giffgaff sim card here but from past experience I've known for people to get better results when unlocking by using one of the other main mobile networks and not a MVNO option @MrCheesedOff

You have to use an alternative Network Sim Card to invoke the pop up box for the Nuc.

Using a Vodafone Payg sim card will not do that.

If the worst happened and the phone hard locked then it can be sent away to be reset but would still work on the Vodafone Network if you didn't opt Townsend it off.

It's not been bricked as a bricked phone has the ramifications of not been usable again.

Current Phone > Samsung Note 9 _512Gb > Model: SM-N960 Hybrid-Duos.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options