Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unlock code for Samsung S8 doesn't work

lisa39
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have recently ended my Vodafone contract and when I changed to my new sim the phone prompted me for an PUK unlock code. The phone is definitely locked as the new sim works on another old phone I have.

So I got an unlock code from the Vodafone online system but the code supplied to me doesn't unlock the phone. I have double checked the IMEI number etc.

I have contacted Vodafone a few times and get a slightly different response each time to the issue. The last contact I had with them took my IMEI and contract details and promised to escalated this case to their nucresolutions team. So far I haven't heard back.

I am concerned from many of the other posts about getting a successful resolution so am posting this message in the hope of some assistance from the community.

Many Thanks

1 REPLY 1

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

A PUK is only needed if a person forgets their sim pin securith feature which is a 4 digit pin and then locks out their sim card @lisa39 

It has nothing to do with unlocking a phone to all networks however for some reason a phone can ask for it !

With some Samsung phones a MCK Mastercode also known as an unfreeze code is needed as well as the Nuc.

Customer services  or the Vodafone Social Media Teams  can help with this if you ask specifically for it.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.