main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Unlocking

Unlock code not working on Sony Experia L1 phone

Highlighted
2: Seeker

I requested and recieved NUC unlock code for my Sony Experia L1 phone, currently Pay and Go1, I tried to unlock but message was unsuccessful.  I checked IMEI code all correct but still unsuccessful. Can you please advise. Thank you.

View more options
11 REPLIES 11
17: Community Champion

The alternative Uk network sim card your wanting to use in the phone @trisoa 

Is it activated?

i.e. connects to mobile data etc ?

Current Phone > Samsung Note 9 _512Gb > Model: SM-N960 Hybrid-Duos.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options

No mobile data was not active when inserted it. It is a Pay and Go 02 sim. I have only two tries left to unlock should I retry with mobile date active on the 02 card? Thank you

View more options

Yes please.

Activate the Payg sim card so it connects to o2's mobile data and then try one more time  

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

View more options

Thank you I will try.  Should I leave wifi on or off when trying?

View more options

Still no success.  Mobile data active on 02 sim. Wifi switched off.  Only 1 attempt to unlock left.  Message unlock unsuccessful.  Any other advice appreciated. Many thanks

View more options

Hi @trisoa

You only have two tries left, if the alternative SIM is active that will be all that is necessary. 

If the unlock is unsuccessful it will need to be escalated to the NUC team. Give the forum team time to get to the thread and they will be able to escalate on your behalf..

View more options

Thank you.  I have one attempt left I will wait for the Team to contact me for the last try.

View more options

You could also ring 191 or use Live Chat and ask for the Nuc email address zo you can contact them directly @trisoa 

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

View more options

191 Mahmoud very helpful, sending out new unlock code. Lets hope it works. Will update post with result.

View more options

Hi @trisoa 

This is your final try. 

Even though this is a fresh code you need to be very careful or the phone will be hard locked.

I am thinking along the lines of contacting Sony and asking their advise, they will be able to help.  You can contact Sony here: https://services.sony.co.uk/supportmvc/en/Repair/

View more options

@trisoa wrote:

191 Mahmoud very helpful, sending out new unlock code. Lets hope it works. Will update post with result.

Cool.

If your phone does become hard locked then that's reversible. 

Vodafone just send it away to be reset so the counter of tries changes. 

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

View more options