main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Unlocking

Unlock code not working

SOLVED
View solved solution
1: Seeker

I bought a nokia 150 around 7 weeks ago and have used it since. I requested an unlock code recently, however using this only generates a code error message. 

If I try inserting the activated sim I wish to use in this phone, it says sim1 is invalid. 

Some help with this would be appreciated

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
17: Community Champion

Hi @ahmadu2

The alternative Network SIM card - Can you insert it in another phone thats already open or will allow that network sim card to work in it just to ensure its properly activated. 

From a Google Search that error message seems to point towards a sim card activation problem. 

If it does not then it needs activating. 

If it does then first id suggest to try another networks sim card in the Nokia but not from a MVNO network. 

If it still does not work then id then suggest to contact Nokia to see if they can suggest a remedy. And Vodafone Customer Services Tech Department via 191 might be able to help. 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 9 _512Gb > Model: SM-N960 Hybrid-Duos.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options
11 REPLIES

Hi @ahmadu2

The alternative Network SIM card - Can you insert it in another phone thats already open or will allow that network sim card to work in it just to ensure its properly activated. 

From a Google Search that error message seems to point towards a sim card activation problem. 

If it does not then it needs activating. 

If it does then first id suggest to try another networks sim card in the Nokia but not from a MVNO network. 

If it still does not work then id then suggest to contact Nokia to see if they can suggest a remedy. And Vodafone Customer Services Tech Department via 191 might be able to help. 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 9 _512Gb > Model: SM-N960 Hybrid-Duos.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options
2: Seeker

I’ve followed the steps carefully and keep getting a message “network unlock unsuccessful “. IMEI confirmed as correct. The non Vodafone sims work perfectly in the unlocked phone of my partner. We tried a couple os sims still same unsuccessful message.  What next please.

View more options

Thanks for getting in touch with us @jasray02. I'm disappointed to hear you're having issues with your NUC.

I'd advise that the next step is for us to look into this with you. Please see the private message I've sent to you on how you can contact our team directly.

View more options
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I'm facing the exact same issue with nokia 150 unlocking.  I've received 20 digit unlock code but when I enter it, I get code error message. Can someone help please?

View more options

@Anonymouswrote:

Hi, I'm facing the exact same issue with nokia 150 unlocking.  I've received 20 digit unlock code but when I enter it, I get code error message. Can someone help please?

The first part of the code may start as ##782#, or something similar.   This is used before placing the alternative network SIM in the phone and using the other 14 digits with the SIM you are using for unlock purposes.

If this is not correct, wait for one of the Team to get to the thread, they will be know exactly how to enter the code.

View more options
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello AnnS, I've received 20 digit unlock code. There are no # or any other characters in it.

View more options
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, can someone from vodafone advise next steps please? I'm currently stuck as the unlock code given to me doesn't work.

View more options

@Anonymous As we'll need access to your account to help with the Network Unlock Code (NUC), please send us your details by following the instructions in this private message.

View more options
1: Seeker

Hello
I too have the exact same issues with unlocking my Nokia 150.
Appreciate any help I can get.
I have done whatever was required indicated in this thread but to no avail.

Thank you.

View more options
Highlighted
2: Seeker

Hi,

I have received the Unlock code but it is not working. I have made 4 attempts and even to include '0' at the start but it failed. Please help me. Thanks.

View more options
Administrator

@Ming Please don't try any other variations yet as you could permanently block the phone. Get in touch with us using the link in my private message and we'll be able to confirm the code you need to enter 🙂

View more options