main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Unlocking

Unlock code received says permanently locked. LG G3

3: Seeker

Hello,

I have received my unlock code from Vodafone for my LG G3.

I followed the instructions:

Dial: 2945#*855# (an unlock menu will automatically appear)
Select Service Provider Lock

Once I select "Service Provider Lock", it gives the message:

"This phone is permanently locked and can not be unlocked." and I can not do anything.

I have tried to do this, with a Vodafone SIM, and a non Vodafone SIM. I can assure you that this phone has never tried to be unlocked before, and it was supplied from Vodafone new on contract. Also, the handset has never been repaired.

I can also see that others have problems with this handset, with exactly the same problem:

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Other-OS-Unlocking/Unlock-code-received-says-permanently-locked-Phon...

Please can I ask for help!

View more options
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

@srh007 So we can take a look into why this message is appearing when you're attempting to unlock your phone, please follow the details that I've sent in the private message that you'll receive shortly.

This message can appear when entering the code into the phones numerous times - a member of our team will be in touch once we have your details and can escalate this to our unlocking team if needed.

View more options
3: Seeker

Hello,

Thanks for your reply @Natasha.

As mentioned, this phone has never tried to be unlocked before, so I am unsure why this probelm occurs.

Sadly, I have not received a private message yet, please can you help?

Thank you.

View more options

That's strange @srh007. If you've contacted us through the link in the private message @Natasha sent, one of our team will be in touch soon to help you further with this.

View more options