main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Unlocking

Unlock code received says permanently locked. Phone LG G3

Highlighted
2: Seeker

Received unlock code but when i enter it says phone is permanently locked. Any suggestions why. Many thanks.

View more options
5 REPLIES 5
17: Community Champion

To my knowledge a Hard Lock happens when an unlocking code has been inputted too many times and hasn't worked @Tonyw1962

With some phones you only get so many tries. 

Is it possible someone else before you tried unsuccessfully unlocking it because a person definatley gets more than 1 try.

It's usually around 4. 

If it is Hard Locked then if the phone was supplied by Vodafone then a Highstreet Vodafone Store would need to send it off for resetting.

If they didn't supply it at all then you'd need to speak with the manufacturer.

Current Phone > Samsung Note 9 _512Gb > Model: SM-N960 Hybrid-Duos.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options

Message permanently locked appeared first time I put the code in. Mentioned it to Vodafone staff they wondered if i originally got the phone from them but couldn't understand if i didn't how i managed to get a unlock code.

Other advice was to get a third party to unlock it.

View more options

I have exactly same problem.  I contated Online chat, but they said to contact e-mail.  I sent e-mail but just auto reply.   Can I unlock???

It took me 11 days to receive NUC code.

1. : 2945#*855# (an unlock menu will automatically appear)
  2. Select Service Provider Lock
  3. Then "This phone is permanently locked and can not be unlocked."  message pop up and I can not do anything.    
View more options

@Kyokie If the network unlock code you've received in entered too many times this can permanently lock the phone. Should your phone be permanently locked, we wouldn't be able to provide anything further to unlock the phone for you.

View more options

Hi

I have not yet entered the code.  I mean I can not go to screen anymore as bloew.

My family has same phone, tried but it happend same.  

I visited Vodafone shop, but they can't help.  

I contated LG according to e-mail support team advise, but they confirmed my IMEI no and told me it is open  market phone.  

1. : 2945#*855# (an unlock menu will automatically appear)
  2. Select Service Provider Lock
  3. Then "This phone is permanently locked and can not be unlocked."  message pop up and I can not do anything.    
View more options