Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unlock following email confirmation iPhone 7

policemat
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I received the email confirming my iphone 7 is unlocked. Tried a new sim, sim not supported. Tried my working EE sim. Still wont work. Connected to itunes same message. Reading the community messages it could take up to 30 days when you receive the message that it is unlocked. Apple do not back this. But all the same I waited 30 days . Still no joy. Call Vodafone, told I was not following the process by a clueless agent. When I proved that all has been done. He was lost for words. Then escalated the case to the NUC team. After 10 working days, there is still no update or unlock. 

This is becoming too usual to be coincidence. I can say the process in place is flawed and Vodafone dont care to look at it. Automated emails and follow up are all failing. When can I expect my iphone 7 to be unlocked even when escalated. Vodafone forgets that word of mouth is the best form of ad vertisement or destroy what they have built. 

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

I'd suggest to engage with the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Facebook Twitter

And or use the Complaints Procedure.

The added issue is that Vodafone have no direct access or control of unlocking an iPhone  It's at apple's doorstep to carry this out once Vodafone have requested the unlock.

My apologies at having to send you elsewhere to engage with Vodafone UK as I appreciate you came here , signed up and created a post to reach out for help but the Team here can no longer help with Account based issues.

But it's the same Social Media Teams here that help and assist via Facebook and Twitter.

The Social Media links I've provided are the Official links that the Vodafone Forum Team here would provide you once they caught up and have read your thread.

Things have changed as they have decided that help and assistance with account based issues would be best supported that way.

I appreciate not everyone wants to use Social Media however it takes but a few moments to create a Twitter or Facebook account and then can be forgotten if necessary. Just a thought.

Please remember to include the link to your forum post, along with your username.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thank you for the detailed reply. 

I guess the official reply in the automated email for NUC must change given that the support received in the community is now limited to generic issues and not account specific. 

I have already stated the complaint procedure that raised the case to escalated (according to vodafone) but that was 10 working days ago. I appreciate vodafone dont have the power to unlock just make the request. If they are having such feedbacks due to Apple , then procedure has to change. From a customer point of view, I can only go to Vodafone and they are slow if at all to solve the issue. I have also open a resolver case so it automatically go to the regulator if they fail to respond. 

It is a shame I have a piece of expensive brick that I can not use on a network I prefer.