main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Unlocking

Unlock help for Samsung Xcover GT-C3350

SOLVED
View solved solution
Highlighted
2: Seeker

I have just been given an unlock code for our Samsung Xcover gt-c3350. The phone displays "invalid SIM" when switched on with a new SIM card, but does not ask for a code. Would appreciate of someone could tell me the instructions for entering the code correctly. The code on its own does not work, and I don't want to risk any problems by experimenting. Thanks in advance! 

p.s. The link (with the unlock code) to phone unlock instructions did not include this phone, hence the question.

Cheers

Mick

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The following worked for me:

1. Switch off phone, insert new SIM, switch back on.

2. "Invalid SIM" displayed, long with SOS at bottom right of screen.

3. Enter #0111*unlock code#

Where "unlock code" is the unlock code as provided by Vodafone (or other service provider).

This is for the Samsung Xcover GT-C3350.

Thanks for the help, but there was nothing wrong with the new SIM, just needed unlocking.

Cheers

Mick

View more options
4 REPLIES
17: Community Champion

Hi @mhosegood

Please see this link and scroll down to Samsung, the xcover will be on the device list with full instructions on how to use the code:  How to use your Network Unlock Code

If you have any problems getting the phone unlocked, please come back to the forum but providing you are using an activated alternative network SIM, the code should work.

View more options

Thanks for the advice, but it does not tally with what I see on the phone.

1. Turn off the phone    - done
  2. Insert a non-Vodafone SIM - done (Virgin mobile SIM)
  3. Turn on the phone. Enter NCK will be displayed - It displays "Invalid SIM" not "Enter NCK"
  4. Enter your NUC - tried entering the number anyway, but says "Emargency calls only" when pressing OK
  5. Press Validate or OK

Thanks again 

Mick

View more options
17: Community Champion

Hi @mhosegood

The SIM you are using should be activated. Also try with a network SIM such as EE or O2 and not an MVNO.  Virgin don't operate their own network..

View more options

The following worked for me:

1. Switch off phone, insert new SIM, switch back on.

2. "Invalid SIM" displayed, long with SOS at bottom right of screen.

3. Enter #0111*unlock code#

Where "unlock code" is the unlock code as provided by Vodafone (or other service provider).

This is for the Samsung Xcover GT-C3350.

Thanks for the help, but there was nothing wrong with the new SIM, just needed unlocking.

Cheers

Mick

View more options