Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unlock issues

Colesey666
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I was provided with an email address for NUC Resolution but this doesn't work. I have been attempting to unlock my handset since 8 September, help!

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

May I ask what make and model.of phone your wanting to unlock @Colesey666 I ask as for example an iPhone isn't unlocked via a Nuc but instead via Apple after Vodafone accept a persons unlock request via the online form.

Have you had any confirmation from Vodafone after filling out the Nuc form ?

Or Have they declined your request ?

Have you been given an Nuc but it isn't working ?

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi, it's an iPhone 8, I've filled in two requests now, the second of which they told me I hadnt had my account for 90 days, I've been with them for around 10 years. I had an online chat and was told that he had expedited it that was last week and a online chat today and was given an email address that doesn't work 🤷🏼‍♀️

BandOfBrothers

Thank you for replying @Colesey666 

Ok so I would suggest to not fill out another unlocking request as this can look like fraud to Vodafone and cause new issues.

When a person upgrades they still need to pay x3 Bill's ontime even though they may have had the actual contract for years.

An upgrade resets everything.

Have you paid x3 Bill's since upgrading if that is indeed what has occurred ?

On Vodafone Payg it's a case of using the sim card i.e making calls, texts and using data for 30 days and then request the unlock.

On Pay monthly its x3 Bill's paid on time and the sim used for 30 days.

I guess they gave you the Nuc resolutions email address  ? Usually it's a standard templated reply you get from that department on what is needed to unlock.

That said obviously the email should work. I'm not being funny here but can you double check it's been keyed in exactly as they said.

You are not permitted to show the email address on the forum so please don't or your most would have to be moderated to remove it !

I would suggest to engage with the Vodafone Social Media Teams here via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries.

As I touched upon in my earlier reply to you about how an iPhone is unlocked here is a more detailed version now I know it's an iPhone.

An iPhone is not unlocked via inputting a Nuc {unlocking code} like other phone models are, but instead is unlocked remotely by Apple themselves and their Database.

So no actual Nuc is sent by Vodafone UK. 

The Vodafone Network lets a person know by email it's unlocking has been requested to Apple after accepting your Nuc online unlock request. (Please Check Spam Inboxes too) 

I appreciate your yet to reach this stage.

Please Note > The iPhone isn't actually usually unlocked to all networks at this stage when Vodafone email you. 

What happens is Apple then process the Networks request and occasionally this can take Apple approximately up to another 30+ days sometimes from Vodafone's email to complete an unlock request made by a Network. 

To complete the process please Periodically insert an active i.e. connects to mobile network data, alternative Networks Sim Card in the iPhone with hooking upto iTunes is only typically needed if its an iPhone 4 or older although it wouldn't harm to do so. 

From the iPhone 5 onwards there's not normally the need to hook up to iTunes to complete the process. 

When it's unlocked you should see a pop up message and the alternatives Networks name will show in the iPhone's status bar.

On a side note I wish the Vodafone network and indeed them all would supply phones unlocked out of the box that would stop these instances from happening in the first place.

Here's to hoping     :Winking_smiley:

Current Phone  >

I've reached out via Facebook, here's hoping to an early resolution! Thank you for your help and advice 😊

BandOfBrothers

You're very welcome @Colesey666 

:Smiling:

Current Phone  >