main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Unlocking

Unlock my phone

Highlighted
2: Seeker

Hi 

i had requested a nuc code for my Samsung s8 which works only on Vodafone 

i tryed to unlock it and when I followed the steps as turn it off enter a non Vodafone SIM card ,I entered my o2 SIM card which  is an active card, 

then I entered the code it says the unlocking was unsuccessful and comes up with the massage 

sim network pin blocked . Entree sim network PUK

then I tried with other SIM cards of my family which work fine on other phones but it says the same 

I contact 191 and they were not sure what it it , from the massage you understand that the SIM cards have been blocked but they are not 

they work perfectly fine on other phones 

the customer agent I spoke to asked me to get a puk from my provider and try it and I did 

he also said he was going to massage the resolution team to have a look at the code but they send me the same code the had already sent me 

it still brings the same massage 

I place the Vodafone SIM card back and the phone works fine 

I place any other SIM card it brinks the above massage 

Do you guys have any idea how to solve this ?

View more options
3 REPLIES 3
17: Community Champion

Yes @Lolakeiv80  you need the mastercode also known as an unfreeze code as well as the Nuc from Vodafone which is common for some Samsung Galaxy phones.

Ask for this from Vodafone on 191 or via the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Facebook or Twitter.

A Puk is only needed if a person has activated their sim pin security feature and then enters the 4 digit code wrongly too many times so this has nothing to do with unlocking a phone to all network's @Lolakeiv80 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 9 _512Gb > Model: SM-N960 Hybrid-Duos.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options
2: Seeker

THank you for your reply 

I already have the nuc code and yes I know that the puk is related to sim but don’t understand why it comes out to whatever SIM card I put in 

those SIM cards are active on other phone not blocked 

View more options
17: Community Champion

I've come across past posts where the phone is asking for the PUK which is a red herring.

Why its asking for this I'm not sure when it's clearly not required. 

With some Samsung phones a mastercode / unfreeze code is what's needed.

Current Phone > Samsung Note 9 _512Gb > Model: SM-N960 Hybrid-Duos.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options