main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Unlocking

Unlocked when purchased?

SOLVED
View solved solution
2: Seeker

I purchased a Samsung phone with Vodafone as the carrier. I requested an unlock code which I received,

I replaced the Vodafone sim with the O2 sim, and expected to have to input the code.

A popup box appeared in which I had to choose\enter either a pay monthly or payg, I chose the payg option.

However the option to input my code never appeared, but O2 requested that I topup which I did, and apparently I'm connected to the O2 network.

So , are PAYG phones already unlocked?

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
17: Community Champion

Hi @johntowyn

Where did you purchase the phone? 

If the phone was purchased direct through Vodafone online or instore, it would come locked.  Phones purchased through a third party, such as Carphone Warehouse will come unlocked.

View more options
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @johntowyn

Where did you purchase the phone? 

If the phone was purchased direct through Vodafone online or instore, it would come locked.  Phones purchased through a third party, such as Carphone Warehouse will come unlocked.

View more options
Highlighted

Phones supplied by Vodafone UK wether on a Payg or Pay Monthly Contract are locked to them @johntowyn

Are you able to access the internet, send texts and make calls using the o2 sim card ?

What phone do you own ?

For example iPhones don't need an unlocking code to unlock. 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 9 _512Gb > Model: SM-N960 Hybrid-Duos.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options
2: Seeker

It was purchased via Carphone, so that explains it, thank you for your reply, and thanks to the other respondent, appreciated.

View more options