Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unlocking Iphone 11

arsy20
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi, i have bought an iphone 11. Someone didnt want their upgrade. Spoken to vodafone over the phone and they said if i have a vodafone pay as you go sim and use it for 30 days, i can get the phone unlocked. As i am in sim only deal with another another company. Is this correct?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Yes.

Use a Vodafone payg sim card in the iPhone making calls etc for 30 days and then request its unlock using the Payg details @arsy20 

All the info you need including the unlocking request form is in here 》 How-do-I-unlock-my-Vodafone-device-if-I-m-not-a-Vodafone-customer. 

An iPhone is not unlocked via inputting a Nuc {unlocking code} like other phone models are, but instead is unlocked remotely by Apple themselves and their Database.

So no actual Nuc is sent by Vodafone UK. 

The Vodafone Network lets a person know by email it's unlocking has been requested to Apple after accepting your Nuc online unlock request. (Please Check Spam Inboxes too) 

Please Note > The iPhone isn't actually usually unlocked to all networks at this stage when Vodafone email you. 

What happens is Apple then process the Networks request and occasionally this can take Apple approximately from a few days upto a furthet 30+ days sometimes from Vodafone's email to complete an unlock request made by a Network. 

To complete the process please Periodically insert an active i.e. connects to mobile network data, alternative Networks Sim Card in the iPhone with hooking upto iTunes is only typically needed if its an iPhone 4 or older although it wouldn't harm to do so. 

From the iPhone 5 onwards there's not normally the need to hook up to iTunes to complete the process. 

When it's unlocked you should see a pop up message and the alternatives Networks name will show in the iPhone's status bar. 

To add the phone will have Vodafones Apn settings in it that makes internet work. When you eventually insert your own sim card you should get the new apn settings over the air pushed by your networks sim card.

Or there maybe a shortcode you can send to fetch them or manually input them.

Connecting to iTunes will help with carrier settings etc.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

9 REPLIES 9

BandOfBrothers

Yes.

Use a Vodafone payg sim card in the iPhone making calls etc for 30 days and then request its unlock using the Payg details @arsy20 

All the info you need including the unlocking request form is in here 》 How-do-I-unlock-my-Vodafone-device-if-I-m-not-a-Vodafone-customer. 

An iPhone is not unlocked via inputting a Nuc {unlocking code} like other phone models are, but instead is unlocked remotely by Apple themselves and their Database.

So no actual Nuc is sent by Vodafone UK. 

The Vodafone Network lets a person know by email it's unlocking has been requested to Apple after accepting your Nuc online unlock request. (Please Check Spam Inboxes too) 

Please Note > The iPhone isn't actually usually unlocked to all networks at this stage when Vodafone email you. 

What happens is Apple then process the Networks request and occasionally this can take Apple approximately from a few days upto a furthet 30+ days sometimes from Vodafone's email to complete an unlock request made by a Network. 

To complete the process please Periodically insert an active i.e. connects to mobile network data, alternative Networks Sim Card in the iPhone with hooking upto iTunes is only typically needed if its an iPhone 4 or older although it wouldn't harm to do so. 

From the iPhone 5 onwards there's not normally the need to hook up to iTunes to complete the process. 

When it's unlocked you should see a pop up message and the alternatives Networks name will show in the iPhone's status bar. 

To add the phone will have Vodafones Apn settings in it that makes internet work. When you eventually insert your own sim card you should get the new apn settings over the air pushed by your networks sim card.

Or there maybe a shortcode you can send to fetch them or manually input them.

Connecting to iTunes will help with carrier settings etc.

Current Phone  >

Thanks very much

BandOfBrothers

You're very welcome @arsy20 

:Smiling:

Current Phone  >

AnnS

Hi @arsy20 

The best thing is to direct you to the link where you will be able to find the information and confirmation you need.  If you scroll down to the bottom of the page, there is a answer to the question you are asking.

Unlock Your Phone 

beightonguru
6: Helper
6: Helper

If you have bought it from someone else (by the sounds of it) and the iPhone 11 is listed under their name, they have to pay 3 clear bills and use the phone for 3 months from upgrade before it can be unlocked. As it states on the NUC form, so unfortunately its not 30 days. 

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/vodafone-uk/forms/unlock-code-request/ 

"Unfortunately, we can’t unlock your device until you’ve paid at least three bills. You’ll be able to request a NUC from us after this time." 

And if it belonged to someone else the problem you have, is only they can request the NUC as vodafone require their account details.

@beightonguru 

That would be the case if the person who Vodafone supplied the iPhone to as part of an upgrade or new contract wanted to unlock it. i.e use of the sim card in the iPhone for 30 days and x3 Bill's paid on time.

However it is an avenue for a person to use a Vodafone Payg Sim Card in the phone for 30 days making calls within that period and then request its unlock using the new Payg details. Using the sim card for 30 days and making calls latches the iPhones imei number to the new Payg account thus allowing for a Nuc to be requested.

Please see the link I added in my first reply.

Current Phone  >

Thats what they said over the phone and the advisor popped me on hold to confirm with a manager there, but i thought id ask in the forum as some of you have a lot of experience. So just to confirm after using PAYG sim for 30 days i can request unlock?

BandOfBrothers

@arsy20 wrote:

Thats what they said over the phone and the advisor popped me on hold to confirm with a manager there, but i thought id ask in the forum as some of you have a lot of experience. So just to confirm after using PAYG sim for 30 days i can request unlock?

Yes 30 days of the sim being in the phone and that you top up and make a few calls, send texts use data etc to show usage.

Most definitely.

The link i added confirms it @arsy20 

Current Phone  >

This is from the link you provided -

"We can only unlock your device when we’re sure it belongs to you. The best way to confirm this is by getting a free Pay as you go SIM online or in one of our stores and using it for 30 days – a necessary step to protect against fraudsters. You’ll then be able to complete the form to request a Network Unlock Code (NUC)

However, underneath it then says -

---> Please note: if you were given the phone by a friend or family member, the best thing to do is get them to unlock it for you. It doesn’t matter if they’ve already upgraded or left Vodafone.

(So i believe the first part relates to buying a PAYG phone through a third party.)

Because the above to me says, if he has bought the phone through someone else and its still in a 2year contract thats only just started under their name, regardless if he uses a PAYG sim. That phone is still registered to them, so how would using a PAYG sim with no personal details prove the owner?

I'm just a bit skeptical, and my partner works at vodafone and they seem to believe its 3 months /bills first but hope it works out for you. Please let us know how you get on. :Smiling: