main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Unlocking

Unlocking a Nokia 100

Highlighted
2: Seeker

I have read several  previous questions about unlocking not working, but none help in this case.

We are having to change from Vodafone as we do not have a decent signal where we now live and so I need to unlock my wife's Nokia 100.

Vodafone have given me an unlock code  and I have gone through the #pw+ procedure with no sim card inserted. All I get afterwards is a NOT ALLOWED comment on screen.

I have tried it with an O2 sim (which works in my sim-free phone) inserted and it results in the same NOT ALLOWED comment.

I used the chat facility and the Vodafone contact said that I need a puk code from O2. Will this solve the problem and how do I use the puk code if I get it?

View more options
16 REPLIES 16

Hey @mungodaisy, I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble getting your phone unlocked. From what you've described, it sounds like you're using the right unlocking instructions - is it this one?

1.  Switch ON your phone without SIM Card
  2. Type the following into the phone # P W + CODE + 1 # ( CODE being the unlocking code )
  3. The phone will show 'SIM Restriction Off' and will be unlocked

Pop back to me and let me know if you're still having trouble, I'll be happy to help you further. 

View more options

Yes, that's what I have been using.

As I said, I have tried it without a sim card and also with an O2 simm card.

I have also tried with "+6" instead of "+1" at the end as I read that somewhere but no luck with this either.

Thanks for any further help.

View more options

Thanks for confirming that @mungodaisy. I think it might be best if we escalate this to our NUC team, to see if they can shed some light on what's happening. 

One of our team will be happy to access your account and take a closer look into this for you. Please get in touch via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or contact us on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK.

Please also provide a link to this thread, along with your username; this will save time and we’ll be able to help you quicker.

View more options

It's 2 months since I raised this issue and have been messaging back and forth using Facebook Messenger.

All I get is the same unlock code again and again apart from a promise from ANDY on August 8th that I would be sent a MASTER CODE within 5 days. After chasing twice more I have today received an email from KIM with the same code again and it still results in NOT ALLOWED message.

How on earth can I solve this simple (?) problem?

View more options

We're dedicated in resolving this @mungodaisy and getting your phone unlocked for you! Please do get back in touch with our team on Facebook if you haven't already and we can ensure the dedicated team is aware so we can fix this for you.

You can include a link to your latest post, so you won't need to repeat yourself again.

View more options

Been back in touch again, but this has just continued in the same circle..... Somebody asks for personal details, sends a PIN code, gets a reply from me and then presumably goes on holiday or even dies. So never any progress.

If they are not going to do this, I just wish that they would say so.

View more options

@mungodaisy We'll definitely be back in touch to help unlock your phone once we get to your latest message. 

So I can track your latest message to us, please ensure your Community username and link to your post is included in your message as this will help me to locate you in our systems.

View more options

What do you mean "link to your post"? I presume you mean @mungodaisy by Community username. Where/how do you want me to show these?

There was a message from yet another name on Messenger this morning asking me to return an access code. But then nothing yet again..

View more options

@mungodaisy That's right, your username would be '@mungodaisy' 😊

You can send a link to your post by copying the link in your browser when on this page, or right clicking the title of this thread and selecting 'Copy link address'. For example, for your post this would be: https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Unlocking/Unlocking-a-Nokia-100/m-p/2639911#M68390

By replying to our latest message in Messenger with this information included, we can then track down your message and check the progress of your unlocking query.

View more options

Thank you. I have chased them again (no further word since Saturday) with the references included.

View more options

This is still ongoing (I have referenced today's message as requested). A mastercode was promised on August 8th, and a month later there is nothing...

This problem keeps being followed up by different people, which I suspect is rather inefficient.

View more options

It is now 3 months since this difficulty was first raised. I think it is disgraceful that Vodafone can allow this to happen.

Can you advise how I can escalate this as there is no indication that the the constant back and forth will cease?

Thank you.

View more options

Hey @mungodaisy I'm sure we'll be able to get your phone unlocked. If you're still waiting your Master Code. Pop us another message on Facebook or Twitter and post the URL for the post here and we'll be happy to pick this up for you 😊

View more options

Mark,

this needs more than the standard response you have given.

During the past three months  I have referred back to the NUC team via Messenger (as per your request) three times. Twice it has allegedly been referred on to the "Urgent NUC Team" and a third "referral" has been in progress for 8 days now.

Every time, all communication ceases  after the "referral" until I chase again.

My question is: How do I break this repetetive cycle?

View more options

Apologies for any confusin @mungodaisy, our NUC team don't have a social media presence and can't be reached through Messenger. As we're unable to discuss account specific information through a public forum, I'm unable to help with your issue here. Pop us a message through Facebook ot Twitter and I'm sure one of the Social Media team will get this raised for you.

If you'd prefer to escalate this further, you can raise a complaint using our online form.

View more options

Thanks,

I will continue the loop through Messenger, but have also now raised a complaint asking for it to be actioned properly.

View more options