Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unlocking a Nokia 100

mungodaisy
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have read several  previous questions about unlocking not working, but none help in this case.

We are having to change from Vodafone as we do not have a decent signal where we now live and so I need to unlock my wife's Nokia 100.

Vodafone have given me an unlock code  and I have gone through the #pw+ procedure with no sim card inserted. All I get afterwards is a NOT ALLOWED comment on screen.

I have tried it with an O2 sim (which works in my sim-free phone) inserted and it results in the same NOT ALLOWED comment.

I used the chat facility and the Vodafone contact said that I need a puk code from O2. Will this solve the problem and how do I use the puk code if I get it?

16 REPLIES 16

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)

Hey @mungodaisy, I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble getting your phone unlocked. From what you've described, it sounds like you're using the right unlocking instructions - is it this one?

1.  Switch ON your phone without SIM Card
  2. Type the following into the phone # P W + CODE + 1 # ( CODE being the unlocking code )
  3. The phone will show 'SIM Restriction Off' and will be unlocked

Pop back to me and let me know if you're still having trouble, I'll be happy to help you further. 

Yes, that's what I have been using.

As I said, I have tried it without a sim card and also with an O2 simm card.

I have also tried with "+6" instead of "+1" at the end as I read that somewhere but no luck with this either.

Thanks for any further help.

TJ

Thanks for confirming that @mungodaisy. I think it might be best if we escalate this to our NUC team, to see if they can shed some light on what's happening. 

One of our team will be happy to access your account and take a closer look into this for you. Please get in touch via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or contact us on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK.

Please also provide a link to this thread, along with your username; this will save time and we’ll be able to help you quicker.

It's 2 months since I raised this issue and have been messaging back and forth using Facebook Messenger.

All I get is the same unlock code again and again apart from a promise from ANDY on August 8th that I would be sent a MASTER CODE within 5 days. After chasing twice more I have today received an email from KIM with the same code again and it still results in NOT ALLOWED message.

How on earth can I solve this simple (?) problem?

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

We're dedicated in resolving this @mungodaisy and getting your phone unlocked for you! Please do get back in touch with our team on Facebook if you haven't already and we can ensure the dedicated team is aware so we can fix this for you.

You can include a link to your latest post, so you won't need to repeat yourself again.

Been back in touch again, but this has just continued in the same circle..... Somebody asks for personal details, sends a PIN code, gets a reply from me and then presumably goes on holiday or even dies. So never any progress.

If they are not going to do this, I just wish that they would say so.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@mungodaisy We'll definitely be back in touch to help unlock your phone once we get to your latest message. 

So I can track your latest message to us, please ensure your Community username and link to your post is included in your message as this will help me to locate you in our systems.

What do you mean "link to your post"? I presume you mean @mungodaisy by Community username. Where/how do you want me to show these?

There was a message from yet another name on Messenger this morning asking me to return an access code. But then nothing yet again..

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@mungodaisy That's right, your username would be '@mungodaisy' 😊

You can send a link to your post by copying the link in your browser when on this page, or right clicking the title of this thread and selecting 'Copy link address'. For example, for your post this would be: https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Unlocking/Unlocking-a-Nokia-100/m-p/2639911#M68390

By replying to our latest message in Messenger with this information included, we can then track down your message and check the progress of your unlocking query.