Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unlocking a Nokia 100

mungodaisy
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have read several  previous questions about unlocking not working, but none help in this case.

We are having to change from Vodafone as we do not have a decent signal where we now live and so I need to unlock my wife's Nokia 100.

Vodafone have given me an unlock code  and I have gone through the #pw+ procedure with no sim card inserted. All I get afterwards is a NOT ALLOWED comment on screen.

I have tried it with an O2 sim (which works in my sim-free phone) inserted and it results in the same NOT ALLOWED comment.

I used the chat facility and the Vodafone contact said that I need a puk code from O2. Will this solve the problem and how do I use the puk code if I get it?

16 REPLIES 16

Thank you. I have chased them again (no further word since Saturday) with the references included.

This is still ongoing (I have referenced today's message as requested). A mastercode was promised on August 8th, and a month later there is nothing...

This problem keeps being followed up by different people, which I suspect is rather inefficient.

It is now 3 months since this difficulty was first raised. I think it is disgraceful that Vodafone can allow this to happen.

Can you advise how I can escalate this as there is no indication that the the constant back and forth will cease?

Thank you.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @mungodaisy I'm sure we'll be able to get your phone unlocked. If you're still waiting your Master Code. Pop us another message on Facebook or Twitter and post the URL for the post here and we'll be happy to pick this up for you 😊

Mark,

this needs more than the standard response you have given.

During the past three months  I have referred back to the NUC team via Messenger (as per your request) three times. Twice it has allegedly been referred on to the "Urgent NUC Team" and a third "referral" has been in progress for 8 days now.

Every time, all communication ceases  after the "referral" until I chase again.

My question is: How do I break this repetetive cycle?

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Apologies for any confusin @mungodaisy, our NUC team don't have a social media presence and can't be reached through Messenger. As we're unable to discuss account specific information through a public forum, I'm unable to help with your issue here. Pop us a message through Facebook ot Twitter and I'm sure one of the Social Media team will get this raised for you.

If you'd prefer to escalate this further, you can raise a complaint using our online form.

Thanks,

I will continue the loop through Messenger, but have also now raised a complaint asking for it to be actioned properly.