Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unlocking iphone

vladinik
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi. Recently I bought a used Iphone locked to vodafone uk. So to unlock it I bought a pay as you go sim, topped it up with 5 pounds and used the phone from 29th june. Today I requested from you to unlock it but your answer is "Unfortunately, we can’t do this until your SIM has been used in your device for at least 30 days." What I have to do? I think today is the 31st day.

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Yes one of the criteria is to use it in the iPhone and make calls and send texts etc for 30 days.

How-do-I-unlock-my-Vodafone-device-if-I-m-not-a-Vodafone-customer.

To add An iPhone is not unlocked via inputting a Nuc {unlocking code} like other phone models are, but instead is unlocked remotely by Apple themselves and their Database.

So no actual Nuc is sent by Vodafone UK. 

The Vodafone Network lets a person know by email it's unlocking has been requested to Apple after accepting your Nuc online unlock request. (Please Check Spam Inboxes too) 

Please Note > The iPhone isn't actually usually unlocked to all networks at this stage when Vodafone email you. 

What happens is Apple then process the Networks request and occasionally this can take Apple approximately up to another 30+ days sometimes from Vodafone's email to complete an unlock request made by a Network. 

To complete the process please Periodically insert an active i.e. connects to mobile network data, alternative Networks Sim Card in the iPhone with hooking upto iTunes is only typically needed if its an iPhone 4 or older although it wouldn't harm to do so. 

From the iPhone 5 onwards there's not normally the need to hook up to iTunes to complete the process. 

When it's unlocked you should see a pop up message and the alternatives Networks name will show in the iPhone's status bar. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for the reply.

But I already used the phone with the voda sim card more than 30 days and I can't understand why the answer to my unlock request is "Unfortunately, we can’t do this until your SIM has been used in your device for at least 30 days."

BandOfBrothers

Then I would suggest to contact Vodafone support on 191 or Live Chat and they'll escalate this to the Vodafone Nuc Department.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi. I’m having the same issues with VOXI. I’ve been using my SIM card since 12th June and when I sent the NUC request I got the same message. Went onto live chat. They told me there is no phone linked to my VOXI account (even though I’ve topped twice and have used the phone for well more than 30 days)! I’m just not getting anywhere. Live chat people have escalated to NUC team twice. Once on 21st July and again on 26th July. It’s a joke.

Adam
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Juniorsenior1 I know it's really important to get your phone unlocked as and when you need it to be. As you've already confirmed this has been passed to our NUC team, I'd suggest you continue to discuss this with them in order to get your code. If you haven't had an update in a short while, please feel free to contact us on our other Social Media pages.