Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unlocking my handset - absolute nightmare

angelaedwards
2: Seeker

Despite over 2 hours chatting to your agents, getting poor advice, and a circular set of emails that tell me the same thing and the same code again and again, i still cannot perform a simple unlock on my handset.

I have a SAMSUNG GALAXY A5.  I want to use a BT Mobile SIM in it.

So i submitted a NUC request.  I got an unlock code back with a link to instructions.  The instructions are terrible.  It says remove SIM, then put in code, then re-boot phone, then put in a code with the NUC on the end.  Without a SIM in you get no promot for a code!  So i put the BT Mobile SIM in and then i get the message "SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK".  (Now before you say, this SIM works in another BT Mobile handset, so the SIM is ok. ).  So i follow the instructions and then it says "Network unlock request unsuccessful".  I then chatted numerous times online to your agents and they asked me to request a NUC again.  And you then just sent me the same NUC as before.  I tried visiting 2 Voda stores and they have closed down.  I just need simple advice, a code and a set of instructions that are logical and actually work!!

So in summary - the NUC doesnt work, i cannot get a new one to try nor a set of instructions that are legible.

4 REPLIES 4

paulburrow

Hi I know your frustration. I have exactly the same issue with my samsung S8.

Can anyone help as I have spoken to both Vodafone and my new provider BT with absolutely no success.

It gets better - the chat now says that is is the new SIM provider issue (AGAIN).  And that they cannot help me...

There are plenty of links on the forum that say that we need a MCK or master unfreeze code that Voda have.  But no-one at the Chat team knows about this !:Cry_Laughing:

I have used both the MCK and the NUC that have been provided and it is now asking for the PUK code.

I have used the PUK code provided by BT but it does not work.

BT say that the sim is perfectly activated and that it is the phone that is still locked and I would say they are correct as the SIM works perfectly in another phone.

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

A Puk has no bearing on unlocking a phone to all networks and as such isn't required. It's only required if a person activates the sim pin security feature and then forgets the 4 digit pin and accidentally keys in the wrong pin code too many times.

It seems to be a system glitch of the phone to ask for a Puk as it's been confused with the codes.

To unlock a Samsung Phone it's the Nuc and MCK  /  Mastercode also known as an unfreeze code that is all that should be required.

Unfortunately your not alone with this situation of experiencing problems with unlocking.

It's my personal opinion that all phones should be unlocked out of the box !

There is no account access via this forum anymore unfortunately so it's a case of preserving with customer services or the Vodafone Social Media Teams. 

Sadly some owners have resorted to using online unlocking companies or a Highstreet Store that advertises they unlock phones and paid a fee. I'm not saying this is what you should have to do.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.