main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Unlocking

Unlocking old iPhone that hasn't been used for months

4: Newbie

Hi,

I have an old iPhone that i'd like to unlock from Vodafone before I sell. I've found the necessary form to request this (https://www.vodafone.co.uk/vodafone-uk/forms/unlock-code-request/) but am a little confused by the check "Have you used your current SIM with your device for more than 30 days?"

I used my current vodafone SIM in the old iPhone for years - a lot more than 30 days - so does this count as a YES to the above? Or, because the same SIM is now used in a newer phone and the old phone has sat unused for months, does this count as a NO?

Or to try to put it another way, am I ok to use my current vodafone phone number in the above form to request the unlock of the old phone, even though that SIM/number is now used in a different phone to the one I want unlocking?

Any and all advice welcome...

View more options
1 REPLY
17: Community Champion

As you've used the phone on the Vodafone UK network which is more than 30 days you'll be fine to use your mobile number and iPhone imei.

So it counts as a "Yes" @________mark

The 30 days criteria is for a person starting off from scratch on payg or from a pay monthly contract which also includes x3 Bill's paid on time or from an upgrade. 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 9 _512Gb > Model: SM-N960 Hybrid-Duos.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options