Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unlocking phone ( disgusting service )

serval74
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have followed the process and recieved the NUC code which clearly isn't the only code required to unlock a vodafone handset... so after me spending hours of my day off work trying to fix this im absolutely disgusted by Vodafones pathetic incompetent service...  my main contract will not be renewed in November that's for sure... so i spoke to online chat who passed me to voxi team as i was previously using a voxi payg sim in a samsung s9 plus phone even though its a vodafone handset but ok lets chat about the problem.. 

I explain the phone works with voxi prepay but not with new SMARTY sim.. now this smarty sim 100% works in a factory unlocked handset...  after 10 mins of total gibberish chat such as " when you use voxi sim do you have bars on youre signal " now ive clearly told the agent the phone worked perfectly fine with the voxi prepay sim.. several minutes later the agent states he's figured it out i need a PAC code ?? Like cmon what is going on this person clearly has not been trained ?? 

So basically handset accepts NUC code as the onscreen message dissapears when it asks for SIM network unlock code... ive tried in network settings to manually search and automatically search for network with no results... and now after reading forums the phone needs some sort of 2nd code possibly master code ?? Even though the NUC form doesn't even mention this ??

This is just a tactic by Vodafone to stall customers or even stop them unlocking their OWN handsets !! 

I'm going to ofcomm about you lose you're own credit when you get you're PAC code this unlock process will also be mentioned what a disgrace !! 

Shame on you Vodafone !!

12 REPLIES 12

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

I note you mention it's a Samsung Galaxy s9 that your wanting to unlock @serval74 

With some Galaxy phones a Mck mastercode also known as an unfreeze code is also required as well as the Nuc.

Customer service or the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries can get this off the Nuc Department for you.

Hopefully all this confusion will become a thing of the past when Ofcom bring in 》 ofcom.org.uk/ban-on-mobile-firms-selling-locked-phones. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

That's the problem.  The community other forums all know this MCK code is required yet online support don't it really is a bad service... you fill in the form online stating which handset but they only send the NUC cmon that's totally pathetic.. I'm done with vodafone been with them for years but time to move on at end of current contract..

Also nobody replied on messenger or even bothered to respond in here..  

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

I can see that our team have been in touch via our social channels @serval74 - they'll keep you updated from there! 

After I posted again in here!

online chat say you need to wait for the NUC code... I've now chatted to - Ive spoken Oz beth Mark Steph Fareen now Tom none have a clue... 1 suggested maybe it's a fault with the SMARTY sim seriously ? The sim works 100% fine in a factory unlocked phone .... Vodafone are seriously clueless...

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

I can see we've escalated this for you @serval74 - if you need any assistance after the timeframe we've provided has passed, please reply to our latest message and we can help from there.

Just strange websites can get you the relevant codes within a few hours for a small fee ofcourse but vodafone take 5-10 working days... I'll believe it when I see it... 

Still waiting....