Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unlocking problem

Gazzadorset
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have received from Vodafone the Master Code and Network Unlocking Code for my Samsung Galaxy S7. The instructions were to enter the Master code and then the NU code. By mistake I just entered the NU code. It seemed to unlock the phone, but I'm not sure, as a PAYG sim for a different network won't connect. How can I confirm if the ohone is unlocked please?

8 REPLIES 8

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Can you try another network sim card to test it.

Is your new sim card activated. Some Payg ones need to be activated via topping them up.

Also try a soft reboot by turning the phone Off and On.

To add they ejecting the Payg sim card and re insert it to see if the phone asks for the Nuc again. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Many thanks, I have tried/confirmed all your ideas, but still cannot get the new sim to connect to another network (though the Vodafone one still works). Inserting the new sim card doesn't generate a request for an unlock code, so I assume the phone is unocked, but how can I confirm that please? I'm guessing that my mistake in not entering the master code before entering the NUC might have caused the problem?

Vodafone can access the phones details to confirm.its status or something like Checkmend can but it's a couple of pounds to use.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thank you, I will try that

AnnS

Hi @Gazzadorset 

If the phone is still locked and does not generate a request for an unlock code, as a last resort you may be looking at doing a factory reset.

Should you still have problems, I always think the manufacturer would be the best place for support and advice, if you Google Samsung Repair Centre, the locations should come up.

Many thanks!

I did the exact same thing and have the same problem. Has there been any resolution.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Johnymac👋 If you've entered the NUC instead of the Master code on your phone. backing this up and restoring it back to factory settings should erase this and allow you to re-enter it correctly. You'll be able to find support restoring it through our online device guides. If your phone isn't listed or you're still unable to unlock it after doing this, you'll need to speak to the phones manufaturer for more help with unlocking it.