main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Unlocking

Unlocking your phone (NUC)

@londonprideman @Anonymous @Ebene Apologies for the experience you've had when requesting your Network Unlock Codes (NUCs).

So we can get this resolved for you, please follow the details provided in the private message I've sent to you and a member of our team will be in touch.

@bruceboxall Completing a resync when connected to iTunes with a non-Vodafone SIM inserted should complete the unlock process for you. If the phone is still locked after trying this, I've sent you a private message. A member of our team will then contact you to get this sorted. 

View more options
2: Seeker

I have had ongoing issues with Vodafone for nearly 2 years and have been forced to move to another carrier after being a customer for nearly 20 years. Vodafone had to rebuild my entire account on 2nd November and when I completed the online unlock form it says I have not been a customer for 3 months even though I've been a customer for years. I think this is because the new account is only 1 month old. I requested my unlock code for my iphone 10 days ago and have still not received it.

View more options

@mazza1710 We'll be more than happy to take a closer look into your account and check what's happening with your NUC (Network Unlock Code).

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

View more options

Please can someone reply to my emails for Ref 17702515

I closed my account with you and upgraded my phone and moved suplier and  so i have sold the phone that i was using with you

All I want is a NUC code to unlock the phone I have sold , the phone was not bought with you so why has a lock been put on it ? Just becasue the last sim was yours should not mean you are able to block it from any other sims

I am going round in circles with everyone , i just want someone to tell me whats going on with my request and when can i send the code to unlock it to the person who has bought it from me

I have completed the form , which an email came back saying you do not know the IMEI number - how can this be if you have been able to lock the phone

I have emailed the adress to help with this and I have nothing back at all yet

There are no contact numbers for this department

The customer service team on chat can not help and tell me all I can do is email

How do I know this is bing looked at , how do i know the emails are getting through

Can someone please let me know what is happening , this procedure you have for NUC does not work and needs to be looked at , when was this last audited ?

View more options

@Blossom110 I've replied to your post regarding this on another thread here

View more options

Earlier this year, whilst waiting for my S6 Edge to be repaired/replaced under my Vodafone insurance policy, I damaged my S5 from the previous upgrade. The Vodafone insurance company repaired/replaced my S5 too. All great so far, two handsets as good as new! I didn't use the new S5 but put it in the cupboard again as a back up. As of this week I upgraded to an S8+ so decided to give my S5 to my motherand use my S6+ as a backup from now on instead. My mother is on EE so I did an online application for the NUC for the S5 only to receive an email the same day saying;

"You recently asked us to unlock a phone so you can use it on another network. Unfortunately, we can’t do this because the phone is blacklisted – which means it’s been reported as lost or stolen.

What you need to do next

You may have made a mistake with the IMEI number you gave us (this is what we use to check if a phone is blacklisted). Here’s the IMEI you entered online so you can check"

I  checked the IMEI number and it's the one on the label behind the battery and on the screen which also shows up as black listed on the internet blacklist checking sites.

This is my phone, bought and paid for, out of contract and now useless, please help.

View more options

@Grumpy_ol_man That's strange 
We'll be more than happy to take a look into what's happening with your IMEI. We'll also be able to help with getting your phone unlocked 
So we can access your account, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

View more options
1: Seeker

The NUC form assumes I'm unlocking my current phone, which isn't the case. I renewed my contract for an iPhone X and have an old 6S, the SIM is in the new phone as is the tel no. Can I get Customer Services to unlock my 6S with the IMEI number and my monthly contract details?

View more options
3: Seeker

I'm trying to get a NUC code using the online form. The form does not allow a full mobile number to be added as it keeps deleting the leading '0'...if I submit th eform with all other details I get

Sorry there was an error, please try again.

Sorry, there was a problem. Please try again.

What should I do?

View more options

Does anyone actually answer these posts?

Is it a voluntary service or do vodafone technicians reply?

Just want a NUC but get the ubquitous and extremely helpful

"Sorry there was an error, please try again."

Also noticed the leading 0 in the phone number box auto deletes. And even though the IMEI number is correct and matches in both boxes the red "IMEI numbers don't match" message appears.

Oh dear not very good is it?

View more options

Hi,

I requested unlocking code back in September. Got the code and its not working. Since then i spoke to numerous people from Vodafone and nearly 4 month and still nothing. Very disappointed with Vodafone. 

Regards, 

Natalya 

View more options

I've been trying too but get the same message, there is obviously a system error at the moment.
I received a reply about two days after I posted earlir this week so the Vodafone peope come here but only now and again.

View more options
Anonymous
Not applicable

Guys,

I finally got my phone unlocked after logging a complaint on the Vodafone website (https://www.vodafone.co.uk/vodafone-uk/complaints/).

I found the Vodafone customer care staff to either be incompetent, without real knowledge of the processes or liers.  I have moved to GiffGaff and even though they have no customer care phone number the web community is 200% more responsive and useful.

It's pointless raising anything with the Vodafone Customer Care management as they are clueless as well.

I am happy to be clear of my ransomers, and can only wish them every failure.

View more options

@njbnsn -  I understand what you’re saying. We can request your iPhone 6S to be unlocked for you.

Please send us your details by following the instructions in this private message.

@melanieleach @CaerYnArfon - This sounds like it would be frustrating.

I’ve just tested the form and it’s working ok this morning. I’ve seen a few posts similar to yours and a user who’s advised it’s now allowing them to enter their full number.

Please fill out our Network Unlock Code form again and let us know if you still need help.

Fish3101 - I’m also disappointed that you’ve been contacting us for four months and it’s still not resolved.

We can take a look into what’s happening and help further. I’ve sent you a private message with how to send us your details. Please follow the steps.
@Grumpy_ol_man - I can see @John has sent you a private message with how to get in touch with my team.

I’ve searched for your email via the address you’ve registered to the Community with and nothing’s showing.

If you still need help and have emailed us, please let us know the reference number from the auto reply (it looks like #123456). We can then look into why your phone is showing as blacklisted.

@Anonymous - It’s not good to hear you’ve had to make a complaint to get your phone unlocked. This shouldn’t be the case.

It sounds like you’ve had a poor experience, which as resulted in you levaing us and this is something we can look into and feedback.

So that we can do this, please send us your details by following the instructions in this private message.

View more options

I have filled out the online form twice and have yet to receive an email or anything else, why have an online form if no one responds to it!

View more options

Hi

I have been unable to succesfully enter the NUC received by email from Vodafone on the Xperia L1 I bought direct from Vodafone online and have used for more than 6 weeks with a PAYG sim. I have triple checked all the numbers in the NUC and IMEI and used the "insert other providers SIM" method as the email did not provide any guidance how to use the NUC. The NUC provided is 15 digits long, there is space in the field to type in at least 1 more. I've tried adding a leading zero etc and also tried the method in https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Pay-monthly/Vodafone-repeatedly-NOT-sending-NUC-just-the-how-to-emai... but all I seem to have achieved is that the NUC entry field which I cannot rember what it originally said now says enter SIM network unlock PIN. The 3 SIM I'm attempting to use is not locked and works fine after all the above in my old phone.

As I only have 1 of the 5 attempts left with the NUC:

Please could a moderator / adminstrator send me a PM with the info I would need to supply to you to look into this and get the phone unlocked?

View more options
Highlighted
Moderator (Retired)

@rozzy I understand that it can be frustrating trying to get an unlock code, especially when you've been given one that isn't working to start with.

So we can take a closer look into this,  I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

View more options

My origional problem of unexplained blacklisted IMEI number on phone replaced by Vodafone, (Samsung Galaxy S5,) has been resolved by Vodafone replacing the blackisted handset with new Samsung A3 2016. My new problem is that the new phone, (A3,) is network locked and the automated NUC request was declined as I had not used this handset for 30 days, (obviously!)

I was promised by Vodafone Corporate Security and "Tom" in your Manchester customer service centre that this would not happen. I don't see why I should have to wait another 30 days as the phone replaced was over 2 years old and I wished to use it on another network and I have now upgraded to an S8+ on my number 07984 *** ***. Please provide me with a NUC for this "new" phone;

Samsung Galaxy A3 6

S/N R58HA5ZP4RE

IMEI/N 35376 00872 27528 / 77

Regards, Brendan.

View more options
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe Vodafone, should look at what customers are saying and adjust your business procedures, as the customer care team are total rubbish!!!

I personally will never use Vodafone again ... The amount of issue I had was unreasonable and showed a total lack of respect for customers.

Goodbye and good ridden's

View more options

@Grumpy_ol_man For further help, please respond to the latest email you've received.
Our team will be more than happy to investigate this further for you 

View more options