main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Unlocking

Unlocking your phone (NUC)

Administrator

@nadiramali @Nabeel-80 Please don't do anymore attempts at unlocking the phone until we've confirmed the code is correct. If you also need a PUK then we'll be able to request this 🙂 So we're able to do this, please get in touch using the link in my private message

@Martyc I've also sent a private message to yourself so we're able to help out with your unlock.

View more options
2: Seeker

So I did as instructed used the correct emei number got my code but it didnt work. I tried befor but realised I used the wrong emei number so got the wrong code  would this cause issues with the right one, am I better to leave the phone for a day and try again  tomorrow

View more options

Also the phone is a samsung s7 gold fully paid off so there and as I said the original code I had was wrong as I had the wrong emei number but I had the correct one now but it still doesn't work 

View more options

I have just switched carrier from Vodafone to EE and the changeover went live on 29th Nov, but my iphone 6splus remains locked with a message saying that the new SIM is invalid. I checked with Apple who confirm it is locked to vodafone. i got an NUS code from vodafone on the phone, but when i go to the website it doesnt let me fill in the form to unlock the phone because when i enter the model no it tells me that the phone is unlocked.  i am tearing my hair out and VF's own tech team has keeps telling me to fill in the form i cannot access!  i have spent hours online, on the phone, and even been into the local stores of both companies. i have had the phone for two years and it went out of contract in June 2018.  Its absolutely monstrous! what can i do 

View more options

@AMP246 You wouldn't receive a NUC if you have an iPhone, it's a different process for unlocking your phone on an Apple product. Once you've been advised it's unlocked, you'd need to place in a new active SIM and resync to iTunes.

@Maniak2608 Please send us your details by following the private message I've sent you. We'll be happy to chase up your request with our NUC team. 

View more options

You have a bug on the Unlock page on your website.  I kept being told to fill in the form and apply for an unlock code, but when you go to that page if you say you have an Iphone 6s it tells you it is unlocked and does not allow you to do any more.  I knew mine WAS locked as eventually i had to go to an Apple shop and get them to check, and they confirmed it's locked to Vodafone.  Eventually after hours on the phone to your tech support team - none of whom told me there was a different process for unlocking Apple devices by the way - I was advised to go back to the unlock page and lie about the device I have!   So when i said it wasn't what it was, the form started to appear and i was allowed to enter the IMEI code and apply for unlock.  It's unbelievable - a week already without my iphone usuable, and i am trying to run a business here!  i have now received two separate emails from VF, one says they have applied for an unlock code from Apple (ehhh???) which may take ten days to arrive, the other says that VF has my application and it might take 48 hours.! What a nightmare company.

View more options
Highlighted

I requested a NUC for my old Galaxy S7

I got the code back but when I enter it it yells me unsuccessful. I have checked the number and IMEI number.

View more options

Why don't Vodafone look online and accept they have big problems with their unlocking system. We have been attempting to unlock my sons iphone 7 since July 2018. We have followed the procedure to the letter, ie 30 days consecutive usage (actually 3 times!). We have made 20 plus phone calls plus double that in e mails. First of all we were told that the imei number was wrong, which Apple confirmed to be correct. We were called liars by a very rude female supervisor from the Egyptian office! 5 different customer services officers promised to call back but didn't. Every time we attempt to contact the unlock team we just get an automated response from which it is clear that they have not read the previous correspondence. We have been to our local Vodafone shop they say that they can't understand why we haven't been given an unlock code, they tried on our behalf and they too received an automated unhelpful response. I bet this nightmare sounds very familiar to a lot of Vodafone customers.

We are left banging our heads against the wall. My challenge is to anyone from Vodafone to resolve this without further delay and allow my son to unlock his handset to another network.

Any takers??

View more options
Administrator

@AMP246 Sometimes we're able to unlock a device within 48 hours, but if we do need to contact a manufacturer it can take up to 10 days for the unlock to complete. 

@Ronniecorke I'm sorry to see your NUC has been unsuccessful, so we're able to check on this for you, please get in touch using the link in my private message

@unlocknightmare We'd love the chance to have the phone unlocked for your son and it's a shame to see this hasn't been done yet. I've also sent you a private message with details on how to get in contact. 

View more options
1: Seeker

Hi team, 

i have tried to unlock my Vodafone Phone with the NUC code of 9983328683943671. The NUC Has been attempted 5 times and now the phone displays ‘SIM Network Unlock pin (0 attempts). If someone could reply with a resolution that would be great

View more options

My daughter has an old Nokia C1-02 that she’s been using on Vodafone PAYG for over a year. The phone was secondhand from a sell off of old equipment at work (ie originally on a Vodafone business contract). I have received a NUC and checked that the IMEI matches. When I try to apply the code (#pw+ code +1#) I get Code Error if no SIM or 

Cannot Unlock Phone if using a 3rd party SIM. Please advise on how I can unlock the phone. Thanks

View more options
3: Seeker

Hi,

I contacted vodafone's nucresolutions help email (this message body won't allow me to enter the full email address for some reason).

I explained my phone unlock problem with the phone details and I was sent an email a few days later with a response to unlock my phone which worked:

"Hello,

Thanks for getting in touch about unlocking your phone.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused and delayed response.

What you need to do next

For IMEI Number: 35*************

Request you to follow the below procedure to unlock your handset for once:

1.         Restart the phone with the new SIM Card inserted

2.         You should be prompted for an unlock code

3.         Enter the master code (19******) and press unlock

4.         The phone will display “Network Unlock Request Unsuccessful”

5.         Enter the NETWORK UNLOCK Code (60******) and press unlock

6.         The phone should display “Network Unlock Successful”

If your device prompts you again for your Network Unlocking Code, please enter: 60******

If the above code is not working, please don’t try the code again and again as it might lock your handset permanently.

Thank-you"

The master code for my phone and unlock code then worked. So if you have a similar phone unlock issue I would suggest you contact the nucresolutions email address (search the full e-mail address) with your phone's IMEI number to obtain its unlock code/s.

View more options

@BARRIE_86 @medglass So that we can help with the unlocking of your phones, please contact our team through the details that I'll be sending in the private messages to you shortly. 

@Nabeel-80 I'm glad to hear that our Unlocking team were able to get this resolved for you 

View more options

Hi, I have input the unlock code received from Vodafone into my Huaweii P10 without success. I only have 2 attempts remaining. Can someone please tell me what I can do to get this phone unlocked? Thanking you in advance.

View more options

Our journey to unlock my son's iphone 7 began in July 2018 and was finally resolved 11/12/18. We made numerous phone calls, we sent too many e mails to recall. We were called liars by an extremely rude female supervisor from the Egyptian office, five customer service representatives promised to call back but never did. With one exception, a wonderful customer service rep by the name of Tasneem from the Egyptian office who was absolutely superb (thank you Tasneem) who rung back every time that she said she would, a credit to Vodafone. Even now I don't know who finally resolved our unlocking nightmare, but who ever you are, thank you. 

It is my sincere hope that my and Vodafone's paths never ever cross again. Again I don't know who fixed this nightmare, but thank you.

A father and Son hopefully signing off forever!

View more options

I have a new NUC code which is not working on my Samsung S7 Edge and need to know the next steps please.

View more options

Apologies for our delayed response @AndyH06 and @Vladtheinhaler, I'm sorry to hear you've had difficulty using the NUC's we've provided. So we can take another look into this for you, please contact us by following the instructions in the private message I sent.

View more options

I sent a private message at the request of Alex on 5th December. 

16th December still no reply......

View more options

Hi,

I've submitted and received my NUC code to unlock my Samsung Galaxy S7. However, the code I've entered from the email is not working. I think it must have locked the phone out after several incorrect entries before receiving the NUC code. Can anyone help? Many thanks. Dan

View more options

I’ve just got my new iPhone on Voxi and want to put my EE sim in it as the Vodafone signal where I live is terrible, as is my broadband so I can’t even use Wi-fi calling. It get 4g on EE and a great signal, hence wanting to swap. 

Im aware there is a 30 day waiting period for fraud prevention, but is there any way this can be expedited, especially before Xmas? I am happy to prove my identification and send passport / proof of address etc... It just seems crazy to make me wait 30 days when I can prove who I am. 

Can an admin PM to sort this out ASAP please?

View more options