main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Unlocking

Unlocking your phone (NUC)

@Ronniecorke If you've received a private message from us, you'd need to follow the instructions included so our team can assist with your query, We're unable to reply to private messages due to the amount of queries that we receive. We'll be able to help once we receive your email that will be submitted when following the link we sent.

@dan_kwc2000 I'm sorry to see you've been experiencing issues with using the code you've received. So we can help with unlocking your phone, please follow the details I've sent in the private message you'll receive shortly. 

@mcfc2018 We can only unlock phones once they've been used for 30 days on our network and would be unable to reduce this amount of time. More on our unlocking process can be found on our website.

View more options
1: Seeker

Hi there,

I have received my code to unlock the phone and it says process unsuccessful.

I have a Samsung S7 edge.

Let me know what do you need so you cand help me.

Regards,

Andrei

View more options

So we can help with the unlocking of your Samsung S7 Edge @Karamelle90, please follow the details I've given in the private message I've sent. A member of our team will then be in touch.

View more options
1: Seeker

I purchased Samsung A5 2017 phone in the UK and used it with Vodafone on a monthly plan. I have cancelled that plan and moved to Australia. I have setup a plan with Telstra but when I put the sim into the phone it says "SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK." Telstra advised me that the phone is locked to Vodafone UK. I submitted a NUC request form and followed the instructions in the email I received however I am still getting the message "Network unlock request unsuccessful." 

I tried one code that was in the email - this did not work. 

There were also some alternative codes provided when I followed the link about how to use the code - these codes were too long and did not enter completely and were also unsuccessful. 

Please advise what I should do now.

View more options
2: Seeker

Hi o have a samsung galaxy s8 and have received an unloc code which does not work

View more options

Hey @katekerrisk, thanks for getting in touch. You'll need to be connected to the UK network when entering your NUC for it to be successful, when abroad we can't guarantee the unlocking process. We're really sorry for any inconvenience this might cause. 

@Carsolutions I've sent you a private message over with details on how to get in touch, so we can escalate this to our NUC team for further investigation. 

View more options

Hi there,

I have finally managed to get a NUC. As per the instructions for Samsung galaxy S6, I switched off the phone, inserted a non-Vodafone SIM card and switched back on. Screen asked me for a PUK. I inserted the code I received but it says unlocking was unsuccessful. What to do?

View more options

Hi @evitapelli I'm sorry to see you're having trouble with unlocking your device. How many times did you type your NUC in?

View more options

We used the code 4 times and it did not work

View more options

Hello, I received my network unlock code for my Sony Xperia XZ, however I have tried with two diffrent new SIM cards, from different networks (virgin mobile contract and O2 pay as you go), and the code supplied has not worked.

The phone has asked for "SIM network unlock PIN". I have tried the NUC code and it has not worked with either SIM.

I have also contacted Virgin mobile and they say it is something I need to talk to Vodafone about.

Why is this not working? I have seen a lot of people have had problems with Sony Xperias.

Please can you help me out with this soon as the phone is a gift for my Dad for Xmas

Thank you!!

View more options

Hi,

a good few times, I'm not sure.

View more options

Additionally, I have made quite a few attempts to unlock the phone, how would I know if it has hard locked? 

View more options

Hi everyone, 

@evitapelli - If your SIM’s asking for PUK, we can provide this. I’ve sent you a private message with instructions on how to get in touch with us so we can get this sorted.

@Carsolutions – Have you emailed us by following the steps in the private message sent by TJ? Let us know your email reference number (this is sent in an automated reply and will look like: #2016789) and we can check we’ve got it.

@JED54 – If it was hard locked you’d see the message asking you for a PUK. If the network unlocking code hasn’t worked after a couple of attempts, it’s best not to keep trying as too many failures can result in the phone being locked. I’ve sent you a private message with instructions on how to get in touch with us so we can get this sorted.

View more options

I have been trying to move from Vodafone to GiffGaff.  My number is successfully transferred over but my phone has remained locked with the GiffGaff SIM in it.  Never having changed service providers in my life, having been a loyal Vodafone customer, it has taken me some time to work out that I needed a NUC from Vodafone to unlock the phone.  This I have achieved but I have made so many attempts at inputting what I know now as incorrect NUC codes that I have probably passed my limit of attempts.  Therefore my phone is still not accepting the Vodafone NUC even though I understand it is the correct one.  What should I do next?  I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.  Thanks everyone.

View more options

@georgiemccarthy I'm sorry to hear you've been trying to unlock your phone for such a long time.
If it's advising you've attempted an incorrect code too many times and you've now passed the limit, you'll need to contact Samsung, as the manufacturer of the phone, directly.
They'll be able to take a look into your options and see what can be done to help. 

View more options

Hello:

I had an old iPhone 5 (A1429) that I had with Vodafone unlocked in October.  I attempted to set it up in the US with a GSM carrier.  The specs are listed as being compatible and when the US sim card is in the phone it recognizes the appropriate network.  However, when I attempt to make a call, it is instantly dropped/can not be completed.  The local tecs are unable to solve the problem and keep asking if it is unlocked just for the UK or unlocked for any provider.  I am pretty sure that "unlocked" is "unlocked." Is there any reason why an unlocked UK iPhone 5 would not work on a US GSM network.

View more options
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

@walter3 wrote:

Hello:

I had an old iPhone 5 (A1429) that I had with Vodafone unlocked in October.  I attempted to set it up in the US with a GSM carrier.  The specs are listed as being compatible and when the US sim card is in the phone it recognizes the appropriate network.  However, when I attempt to make a call, it is instantly dropped/can not be completed.  The local tecs are unable to solve the problem and keep asking if it is unlocked just for the UK or unlocked for any provider.  I am pretty sure that "unlocked" is "unlocked." Is there any reason why an unlocked UK iPhone 5 would not work on a US GSM network.

When Vodafone ask Apple to unlock the iPhone that means it is then unlocked to all networks whether UK or Non UK Networks.

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options
17: Community Champion

Hi @walter3

There have been some network changes in the US.  Where a Tri Band phone would have previously worked, you now need a quad band phone.  Unfortunately,  not all iphone 5s are quad band, depending on the model of phone some are only tri band.  This means the phone won't work in all parts of the US.

As far as the phone being unlocked is concerned, there shouldn't be any issues. 

View more options
3: Seeker

Hi all. I'm having problems with the code you sent me to unlock my device. It's a bit strange to post here instead of just replying with the email, no?

Plus, once I've registered on the Vodafone site why do we need to register again to join the community?

Anyway, the code you have provided me does not work. I have checked the codes and the IMEI.

I know exactly what I am doing as I have unlocked many many of these phones probably over 100.

It looks like we need a new code from the manufacturer. Please help.

View more options

@SammyPos I'm sorry to hear the NUC you've been given hasn't unlocked your phone for you. So we can help with resolving this, please follow the details I've sent to you in the private message you'll receive shortly.

View more options