main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Unlocking

Unlocking your phone (NUC)

Highlighted

@Tavener89 It's a shame to hear the Network Unlocking Code (NUC) you've received isn't working, I understand how frustrating this must be. So we're able to take a closer look into what's happened and help you with getting your phone unlocked, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch with us.

View more options
Highlighted
2: Seeker

I finally have my phone back after nearly 4 weeks. In the end Vodafone did solve the problem by contacting Samsung to get access to some master code. If you have a phone which was locked like mine I would suggest you borrow or purchase a cheap mobile phone as you could be out for several weeks. Also make sure you don't try the unlocking code to many times as your phone could be permanently locked.

Good luck.
Hans.

View more options
Highlighted

That's great news @Hansxyz. I'm glad your phone's unlocked now, I'm sorry it took longer than expected to complete. 

View more options
Highlighted

I've been sent a NUK and it's still not working, saying that my unlock has been unsuccessful. I am trying to use a Vodacom sim in South Africa with absolutely no luck. I am using a Samsung S8.

View more options
Highlighted

Hi @Allycfl most phones need to be in the UK for the unlocking process to complete. As you’re in South Africa, this will most likely be the reason it’s been unsuccessful.

Please try this again when you’re back in the UK.

View more options
Highlighted
1: Seeker

Hi 

i need help to unlock my Nokia 1 device. I bought this phone from UK on PAYG basis and have used it for more than 30 days. I’ve received the NUC but am unable to unlock the device. Unfortunately I’m in India at the moment and would like to use the phone on an Indian network. I do have another UK sim(ee) if that helps to unlock the phone? Can you please help. 

Kind regards

Akhil

View more options
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

@akhilmk wrote:

Hi 

i need help to unlock my Nokia 1 device. I bought this phone from UK on PAYG basis and have used it for more than 30 days. I’ve received the NUC but am unable to unlock the device. Unfortunately I’m in India at the moment and would like to use the phone on an Indian network. I do have another UK sim(ee) if that helps to unlock the phone? Can you please help. 

Kind regards

Akhil

@akhilmk

Unfortunately Vodafone UK cannot guarantee that an unlocking code i.e. Nuc will work if a person is not in the UK while trying to use the code.

Alternatives would be to ship the phone to someone you know in the UK and they unlock it and sent it back to you or use a Highstreet Store that advertises they unlock phones.

Current Phone > Samsung Note 20 5G - SM9860 Snapdragon.

Samsung One Ui 2.5  / Android 10.

View more options
Highlighted

Hi. Trying to use an Indian Prepaid Vodafone SIM card in India. I've received my NUC code but it says "Unsuccessful"  when I enter it in the unlock screen.  See attached text message from Vodafone UK.  

SONY XPERIA Z5 

The SIM card works in my partners unlocked phone, but the screen is broken so need to use mine. 

View more options
Highlighted

Hi Natasha,

Sorry if this is the incorrect method, I posted a request on 12-02-2019 09:20 AM and have yet to receive a reply?

Can you please assist? I think I might have just replied to a random comment!

Thanks

Stephen

View more options
Highlighted

Hi @AliceEland, is the phone currently unlocked for Vodafone UK, or have you been with a different provider and received the NUC from them?

@thephoneofslade Hi there, did you receive a reference number that looked something like this #[12345678]? If so, please share this with us so we can locate your email. 

View more options
Highlighted

Hi @Adam,

Thanks for coming back and as far as I can see no, hence why I presumed I had done something wrong.

Message is currently on page 39, on the date given.

Message below if it helps:

Hi Guys,

Received the NUC auto request, however, not working.

Phone details are :

Phone is  Sony Xperia XZ 32GB Forest Blue

[Removed]

Do you need anymore information?

Thanks

S

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove personal information see Community Guidelines]

View more options
Highlighted

@thephoneofslade I've sent you another private message with details on how to get in touch. You should receive a confirmation email back within an hour or so. Let me know if you don’t get the email with the reference I mentioned earlier. 

View more options
Highlighted

Hi. I'm not sure if it is unlocked at all. I have a Vodafone SIM in the UK, and purchased a Vodafone SIM here. 

I called Vodafone UK from India who said the NUC would be sent to me and it would then work, but the code sent does not work. IMEI numbers match on my phone and the NUC code. 

View more options
Highlighted

@AliceEland I'm sorry to hear the NUC you've received to get your phone unlocked hasn't worked, I understand how frustrating this may be. So I'm able to take a closer look into this for you and get things sorted, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

View more options
Highlighted
4: Newbie

Hi, 

Received my NUC but not working on my S8. The IMEI is correct and all so hoping I can get some help before I end up locking my phone.

Thanks. 

View more options
Highlighted

When I select "Service Provider Lock" on my LGG5 the only message I receive is "Your phone is not personalised" , and only button on the screen is "dismiss". However, the network remains locked to other sim cards. The only sub-menu that would allow me to enter a code in the general unlock menu is "Network Lock" , but the NUC won't work there. What should I do? 

View more options
Highlighted

I have been attempting to unlock a Samsung Galaxy S6. I went through the process with the customer Service Op, I have the NUC. I went through the unlocking process and entered all the combinations of digits they asked me enter (without a SIM in the phone as instructed) and it did not unlock. The IMEI details are correct for the phone. When I enter the details I get the following message on the phone:

Not registered on network

The customer service op then said he would have to escalate this. Then yesterday I get an email from the NUCresolutions team, who ask me to do exactly the same process, which of course does not work.

As I understan the situation I should be able to unlock the phone, free of charge, and this is a Vodafone responsiblity to enable this - but its not working. Please respond to this as this is what the email from NCUresolution team said to do via this community.

View more options
Highlighted

@Fil90 When you enter a Non-Vodafone SIM into the phone and boot up the phone again, are you prompted to enter an NUC initially? Did we also supply the NUC ourselves recently? 

@jitsuka @Lightnin51 I've sent you both Private Messages with instructions on how to get in touch, we'll need to investigate why your current NUC's are failing to unlock the phones further. 

View more options

No I am not prompted to enter an NUC initially and you did supply the NUC recently? 

View more options
Highlighted

I've solved this myself by looking at a youtube video. So I hope the following helps others as I was getting very frustrated with Vodafone at not solving this for me.

The instructions I got from Vodafone by the customer Services, initially, and then NUCresolutions team were as follows:

1. Remove SIM card from the handset and turn phone back on
2. Switch the phone off and then on again with no SIM in the handset and then enter the following: #7465625*638*xxxxxxxx# where xxxxxxxx is the NUC
3. The handset should now be unlocked

The handset would not unlock. So I looked online for help and found a video that gave an alternative approach which was as follows:

1. Enter the following: #7465625*638*#

2. The handset then asked for the NUC (which it had not before), I entered the NUC and hey presto the phone was unlocked.

So someone from Vodafone please explain why you did not give me this alternative approach? If you had I would not have wasted my time for the last couple of days and also your time by me contacting you. I suggest you need to train your support staff better!!!!

View more options