main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Unlocking

Unlocking your phone (NUC)

3: Seeker

@JOSH The code had been sent via your nuc team and it is alphabetic. As I know there is no way to be alphabetic the code and it should be only numeric. I requested 4-5 times to send me the right code but they keep doing the same 

View more options
2: Seeker

Hi,yes it recieved direct. Theres no error message it just says invalid code 

View more options

I’ve looked through this forum and I see a trend with the poor Vodafone customer service.  I’ve submitted several requests and have spoken with advisors....there response is to fill out another form.  It seems that we need the master code not the NUC code.  Why is it so difficult to provide this? Are we just being punished for leaving Vodafone as that how it appears.

I’ve raised a formal complaint and will take it to the ombudsmen if I have to.

i will never recommend vodafone as a provider, their customer service sucks! 

View more options

@Tepe21 It does sound strange that your code contains letters. Please keep in touch with us via the Twitter/Facebook conversation you have. We'll then be able to escalate this, using your details, to our dedicated NUC team. 
@Jwiles77 I understand this must be frustrating for you and we'll do everything we can to get your phone unlocked, as soon as possible. Please get in touch via the steps listed below and we'll be happy to help. 
@mortymajor I'm sorry to hear you're receiving an invalid code when you're entering your NUC. So our team can help you further, please get in touch via the following channels:

• Twitter using @VodafoneUK
  • Facebook using Vodafone UK
  • Live chat

View more options

I’ve been in contact with advisors on chat and over the phone for well over a month. Your advisors on Twitter think it’s useful to respond at 4am in the morning then when I respond with information they don’t respond at all.

I've raised two complaints, one about the unlock code and one re. The atrocious customer service. The complaints team even tried to call me on the phone that does not work.just shows that they don’t even read my account notes or complaint in detail.

the  funny thing is is that I’m actually still a Vodafone customer with an iPad contract, I can assure you that when this ends in February I will not be using Vodafone ever again.

My next step is to contact the ombudsmen.

View more options

Thanks for the update @Jwiles77, please continue discussing this with us via Twitter. We're a little busier than usual on the Social Media team at the moment, so I'm sorry if there's a delay responding to you. 

It's really disappointing to hear about the experience you'd had so far and understand how frustrating this must be. Please continue to keep me updated and let me know how you get on. 

View more options

Still waiting for a reply to Facebook chat from Vodafone.. This is annoying and im really dissapointent and dissatisfied with you guys 

View more options

Hi. It's been about a week since I sent my details on the private message and I sent a follow-up message too but I've heard nothing back. Can you please help? 

Thanks

View more options

@Tepe21 @Kasim19 Thanks for contacting us over Social Media as requested. I'm sorry for the delay in our team getting back to you, our social channels are busier than usual at the moment and we're working to respond to all of our customers, as quickly as possible.

I appreciate your continued patience, whilst a member of our team are working hard getting around to your post. Alternatively, if you'd prefer more of an instant conversation you can contact our Live Chat team.

View more options

I'm still waiting from your Nuc team to reply on my email. I have already contacted via live chat as well and they keep saying the same. You have to wait for 2-3 days as our team working on your case. I hear the same thing over 2 months now. If i dont take the code this week i will terminate my contract immediately. I swear to God i will do it 

View more options

It's a shame you've been provided the same advice over the last two months about your NUC @Tepe21, I appreciate why you may have lack of trust in our advice. Sometimes if we need to get in touch with your phones manufacturer, it can take up to 10 working days.

Rest assured, if you're in contact with us over Social Media, a member of our team will be sure to update you as soon as we've received further information from our dedicated team.

View more options

Hi,

Can you please advise on the correct procedure from sim to requesting a UNC please.

I have a second user iphone PAYG which is on Vodafone although I am not.  Can I purchase a sim from my local supermarket rather than getting one directly from Vodafone?  I presume I will have to top up this sim and use it or just wait 30 days with it in the phone?  If so, what is the minimum top up that I need?

Thank you

View more options

So I have requested my old iPhone 4 to be unlocked to pass onto my wife, have received notification this has been copmpleted but it hasn't been.  

From reading the posts it seems to take several attempts for this to happen.  I don't need the hassle of it all requesting it multiple times as indeed no one should.  What can be done to just make it happen and work?

View more options

I want to mention that i have already reported to Ombudsman of the consumer. Coz im ##~## and getting sick of waiting 3 months 

View more options
Highlighted

So still no response from the complaints team even though I was told by the twitter team today that I would get a call after 7pm.  It’s fine though as it’s more evidence of poor customer service that I can send to the ombudsmen! 

View more options

@Newbie100 Our website will go through all of the necessary steps, on our Network Unlock Code request form. You'll have to use a Vodafone SIM in the phone for 30 days, making a handful of calls and texts and using some data. This wouldn't require too much credit to be applied 😊 Some independent retailers may sell Vodafone SIM cards - alternatively you can order one online

@Tepe21 @Turnip4737 If you haven't already, please contact us on our Social Media channels:
- Facebook through Vodafone UK
- Twitter by using @VodafoneUK
We'll then be able to take a closer look into your network unlock code (NUC) requests. 

@Jwiles77 It's disappointing to hear you haven't yet been contacted - we can be quite busy on our Social Channels and it can take a little while for us to get back to you. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. I can assure you, we'll get back to you as soon as possible. 

View more options

Im sick and tired of your assurances and apologies and as for contacting advisors over social media there is no point. They don't respond and do the same fobbing off as you do. All you have to do is read the comments on here and Twitter to see what poor service you provide. No wonder everyone wants to jump ship to other providers. All I ask is for a response about my complaint which are now over a week overdue. 

View more options

I definetely feel your angry mate. I wish ive never choose Vodafone. I'm waiting for my code for 3 months now... 

View more options

I'm sorry to hear you're still waiting to get your phone unlocked @Jwiles77. If you've gotten in touch via one of our social channels, please also provide a link to this thread along with your username; this will save time and we’ll be able to help you quicker.

View more options

Help me quicker....how?  I’ve been without a phone for nearly two months, I think the speed in which all of your advisors /teams on all platforms respond is snails pace.  If I performed at work like you all do I would’ve sacked!

@TJ wrote:

I'm sorry to hear you're still waiting to get your phone unlocked @Jwiles77. If you've gotten in touch via one of our social channels, please also provide a link to this thread along with your username; this will save time and we’ll be able to help you quicker.

View more options