main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Unlocking

Unlocking your phone (NUC)

Highlighted
2: Seeker

Hi there. I have received the code but when I enter it into the phone, keep getting a ' network unlock request unsuccessful' message. I'm being asked for 'SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK'. 

Any ideas??

View more options

Apple. Forgot to say I'm using a Samsung S7. The SIM card is for Vodafone in Ireland and I'm in Ireland at the moment. Thanks!

View more options

Hi @Kaybay, it sounds like you've typed in the wrong NUC to many times which has caused it to lock. We would need to request this from our NUC team. Are you a Vodafone UK customer? If so, please contact us over our other Social Media pages:

Facebook - Vodafone UK

Twitter - @VodafoneUK

View more options

Hi 

I am trying to install a new sim in an LG G5 I requested a NUC and received it but when I go to service provider lock it tells me the phone is not personalised. The new giff gaff sim has not recognised. When put in and no option to enter an nuc appears. 

Its my mums old phone after an upgrade I want to take abroad with me.

is there a solution to this?

thanks 

View more options
17: Community Champion

@Chirsdubleu 

I see the GiffGaff Sim card is new.

Is it activated ? 

I.e. connects to mobile data etc.

Can you try another network sim card that's activated and not one that is a MVNO.

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options

Hi the sim is activated. I have fixed the problem.

If you put LG g5 in to the Vodafone how to type your nuc webpage it tells you to go to service provider lock. That was incorrect for me,  I typed the NUC in to the Network Lock option then it has unlocked the phone.  Hope this can help anyone else in the future. 

Thanks for your help

cheers 

View more options

My unlock code has not worked simply said the network unlock request unsuccessful. Ive tried a few times double checking i used the correct code and have checked the imei number is correct so cant understand why the unlock code is not working 

View more options

Over a month now since I requested an NUC - for a phone that had already been unlocked but got re-locked during repair. Over two weeks since I raised a formal complaint, and still not sorted. I've spoken to the service centre many times, gone to stores, done online chats - every single time they promise to get it done quickly and every single time nothing happens. Getting seriously frustrated now. Please put me in direct touch with the NUC team.

View more options
3: Seeker

Marko welcome to the Club mate. I have the same issue with you. Used to have an unlocked phone and then i sent it for repair and now 3 months later with the new phone still waiting for the code.. Every day im on the chat and they promise to me that it will be sorted in 24-48 hours. But guess what... Nothing happens yet 

View more options

@anishrohit  @marco84gb - I’m sorry the code isn’t working and you’ve tried to get this resolved a few times.

We’ll need to take your details securely. Please contact us via Facebook Private Message for Vodafone UK, alternatively on Twitter Direct Message using @VodafoneUK.

When you do this, please include the link to this thread and your username.

@Tepe21 – It’s not good to hear it’s still ongoing. I understand from your other posts, you’re already in touch with us on Twitter or Facebook.

View more options

So I finally have a phone that works. I received the master unlock code today.  It's taken nearly 2 months to get which is terrible customer service. But if you have similar problems just keep at Vodafone and speak to the complaints team as they seem like the only people who can get things moving. 

View more options
1: Seeker

Hello I have recieved my unlock code but it does not work.  I followed the instructions exactly as stated and in fact it then required me to have to get a code from the other SIM provider.  It seems there is no way to speak to an actual person to get this resolved - I even went in store.  Please help I am supposed to be going on holiday with this handset and I need to use a differtn SIM abroad.

Thanks

View more options

Hi i requested my NUC code but when entered it didnt work, got ' network unlock request unsuccessful' message. it says  'SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK'. Recently switch from Vodafone to another supplier. 

Using a samsung galaxy s6

View more options

I had the same issue with an s6 edge. Took nearly two months for Vodafone to provide the master unlock code as the NUC didn't work. That's what you need to ask for but be persistent! 

View more options

@Jwiles77 What is the Master unlock code? Because ive been waiting my code for over 3 months now. 

View more options

It’s another code they get from the manufacturer, also known as an unfreeze code. You enter this code followed by the NUC then it should work. 

View more options

I have already a code but my problem is that its not working. It is an alphabetic code and that is not possible to work. The code must be numeric only. And i have the code over a month now. I keep asking for numeric code and they sent me the same code all the time..i hate so much Vodafone for real 

View more options

I found the complaints team were the most useful to speak to, it’s worthgiving them a call. This forum, twitter and online chat is useless.  The complaints team refunded my monthly bill as well due to the inconvenience.

View more options

I did it as well but still the same. They told me that there is nothing to do. Im so ##~## with them 

View more options

@hendrixhughes @ashley23199 @Tepe21 - My team can help any of you to get the code you need.  We don't want you to be having this experience!

We'll need to take your details securely first. Please get in touch with us through Facebook Private Message at Vodafone UK, or via Twitter Direct Message using the handle @VodafoneUK.

Please also provide a link to this thread and include your username. 

View more options