main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Unlocking

Unlocking your phone (NUC)

2: Seeker

This forum and the customer care are useless. I found it the hard way. Either the CS team were not trained properly. Or they did not pay attention. Each of them have a different opinion and different suggestion depending on who end up talking to. I tried the online form one last time and luckily it worked. Good luck to you all. I hope you don't have to have to deal with the Customer Care. I guess there might be some well-informed ones. But my experience were mostly with those who didn't know what they were talking about.

One more tip for people coming here for help. The posts in VodaphoneUK facebook get far more attention [not sure any useful though] than here.

View more options
3: Seeker
So... Since making my initial request, I've waited since the end of June - JUNE - to be told this. "I've received a response from our Urgent NUC Escalations team who've advised we're unable to generate an NUC on your behalf if your phone is manufactured by Bush. You'll have to contact the manufacturer directly in order to receive an NUC. Tim" Two and a half months. The mind boggles. Utterly bemused. Like hell I'm going to be using Vodafone ever again. So disappointing.
View more options

I've used the phone for two years! Got an upgrade with Vodafone(big mistake) told them to unlock my old phone and they still sending me Nuc code, it's the same code and its invalid! It's been a month and it's still not been unlocked. Keep promising to sort me out but nothing been done. I've already spoken on the phone about 10 times, online, on fb and on here. I've spent hours trying to sort it out But no one can help me.

I'm thinking of going to the ombudsman, think that's the only way I might get my old s8 unlocked 

View more options
4: Newbie

@Tarak wrote:

I've used the phone for two years! Got an upgrade with Vodafone(big mistake) told them to unlock my old phone and they still sending me Nuc code, it's the same code and its invalid! It's been a month and it's still not been unlocked. Keep promising to sort me out but nothing been done. I've already spoken on the phone about 10 times, online, on fb and on here. I've spent hours trying to sort it out But no one can help me.

I'm thinking of going to the ombudsman, think that's the only way I might get my old s8 unlocked 

Pay a third party to unclock it - I paid Β£14.95 to Simply Unlocked and got working codes within 3 hours.
Then post on Vodafones facebook page about how throughly [Removed] you are, they will message you and offer to refund the cost to your account.
I spoke to Oz and this is exactly what happened.
Only that my account is now closed so I couldn't receive any refund - you should be different though.

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove inappropriate content please see Community Guidelines]

View more options

Hi all, I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing difficulty receiving your Network Unlock Codes (NUC). We'll be happy to look into this for you, as we'll need access to your accounts to do this, pop us a private message on Facebook or Twitter with your full name, mobile number, IMEI and any codes you've already received and we'll be able to escalate this for you πŸ˜Š

View more options

Thank you. My Son is with virgin, do we call them?

View more options

@mark

I've tried everything 

View more options

Hi - trying to unlock my Vodafone Xperia XZ premium - am using correct IMIE code, using an EE sim card instead of my Vodafone sim, have tried my unlock code several times - rejected. I powered off, switched cards, powered back on, entered code when prompted after unlocking screen.

Am I missing something?

I've tried both with WiFi connected and unconnected, is there some other basic step in not doing?

Thanks!

View more options
Highlighted

Everything sounds right @almightymat πŸ€” You may have run out of attempts, if you've tried so many times. You can check this by doing the following: 

1. Turn on the phone without a SIM
2. Lock screen
3. Press sequence: Menu, Back, Back, Menu, Back, Menu, Menu, Back
4. Select Service info
5. Select SimLock
6. Check where the X is
7. If X is on NETWORK and value is different than zero, you can unlock your phone
8. If it is zero unlock by code isn't available and the counter is blocked

Give that a try and let me know what it says. 

View more options

I purchased a second hand locked to vodofone samsung s8.I was informed in the local vodofone shop to purchase a Β£10 sim card,wait 30 days after using the phone and then fill in the NUC form on the website.I did this 16/8, filed the nuc form 20/9,and then received an email from the NUC team stating criteria not met but no detail as to what the issue was.Did not want to just send another form and get the same reply, so after getting nowhere on the chat option, phoned and explained issue.Was told that a message had been sent to the team to resolve,but heard nothing.Used chat line today to attempt to find out a solution,and after a 35 minute chat getting nowhere with conflicting and confusing comments such as "Sky" would have to unlock?? gave up.Went back to the local shop and was told that as the phone was second hand that it could not be unlocked by vodofone?? Re checked detail for the NUC code form, which just asked of the phone was lost or stolen, and had replied "no".Extremely frustrated that I had recieved so many conflicting statements,eventually spoke to someone at technical support  at 13.14 who was helpful and advised he had elevated the issue and sent a message to the Network unlock code team,with all details,and requesting that if any issues that i should be contacted.After reading of similar issues from other customers,and vodofone apparently being the only phone company reluctant to unlock phoness, i await a response and hope i do not have to continue this saga.

View more options

Hi I just got the NUC code and unlocked a glaxy S5 however after following the same process, the NUC code did not unlock my Xperian Z3, any suggestions on how proceed ?

View more options

Hey @terryhh, thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry to hear about the issues you've had getting the phone unlocked. Did you activate the Pay as you go SIM and use it in the phone at all? Did the team mention in the email why you didn't meet the requirements - this could be for a few reasons, such as the phone being reported lost or stolen previously.

Let us know how you get on now this has been escalated to our NUC team. If you're still having trouble, we'll be happy to investigate further. 

@James2019001 you'll need separate NUC's for each phone, did you get one for each? 

View more options

used sim on 16/8 after purchasing making a few calls,email advising did not meet criteria gave no reasons which was the annoying part as have no idea why the application was rejected.The varying comments/advice have just further confused the matter,with the chat advisor having no idea and suggesting "contact Sky" etc!!

View more options

Hi Tj

Yes, the NUC code came a day apart and was used a day apart, zero chance of confusion.

I called Vodafone today and they told me  the IMEI I gave was wrong, they then gave me a new code using the IMEI on their system - the new NUC code did not work. 

I rechecked  the NUC code and the IMEI on Vodafone system differs from the IMEI on my Z3 - please see attached photos of my Sony Z3 IMEI number.

Please help to unlock the Z3, getting annoyed now....!!! 

J

I appreciate this frustrating @James2019001, have you contacted our team on Facebook and Twitter

View more options

Hi DaneB

No, do I have to?

I thought this forum would be able to assist?

Can you help ?

View more options

Hey @James2019001, yes please. We're unable to assist with account specific queries via the forum but on social media, we can access your account and help you find a resolution. Just mention your community username and a link to this thread and one of our team will pick this up πŸ˜Š

View more options

I'm having a problem unlocking my Samsung Note 8. I've recieved an NUC code for it but it doesn't seem to work. Just says network unlock code unsuccessful. Any help ?

View more options

Hi,

I've received my code, the IMEI number matches correctly, I've checked multiple times, but when I enter the code I'm getting an unlock unsuccessful message. The unlock code is only 8 digits long so there's no doubt that I've input it correctly too. I've tried entering it 3 times but don't want to try any more since the guide says you have a limited number of attempts. 

What else can be done to fix this? I've now been nearly 2 weeks without a phone while I waited on this code, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mark

View more options

over 1000 messages since July with customers having issues such as ours with unlocking Vodafone locked phones.Vodafone obviously have a big issue with their Network Unlocking Team,who you cannot contact direct either through chat/webmail or phone and have to rely on other areas of Vodaphone customer service to contact.This is unacceptable and customers should be able to communicate directly with someone who can explain and rsolve issues.Senior management need to address this,I worked in Customer service management for a large international bank and would always insist on pro-active management of issues which appears to be non existent at Vodaphone.

View more options