main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Unlocking

Unlocking your phone (NUC)

Highlighted
2: Seeker

Now you are joking - I just got an email from vodafone saying that the EMEI code I gave you isn't recognised by your system.

I havea   receipt from vodafone showing that you sold me this phone, it is packed with your bloatware, it was provided by you... unless your shops are selling dodgy phones?

Is this the case? If it isn't the case CAN I GET MY NUC?

If I can't can I get what I paid for the phone back?

This lack of service from Vodefone is getting beyond a joke and is costing me financially - where can I get compensation?

View more options
Highlighted

Yes, as though you were dialling. 

Follow these steps....

1. Turn on the phone with existing sim card
2. Enter the following sequence (#pw+unlock code+1#) on your NOKIA 150 just like a phone number*
* Characters p, w, + will appear after pressing the *(star) symbol a couple of times
4. Press # at the end to confirm the code
5. Message "SIM restriction OFF" should appear

View more options
Highlighted
3: Seeker

Thanks! If I press the ‘*’ button four times, I just see 4 ‘*’ symbols. What am I doing wrong?

View more options
Highlighted

Not sure, it maybe depends on your handset.

You could try: 

##782# then call and you will get a box where you can enter your unlock code

Otherwise, in your case, you may have to start your phone with a different provider's sim, then enter your unlock code when prompted

View more options
Highlighted
Administrator

@Disgruntled_Man I can see our team replied to your email on 19 September 2018 asking for further details to progress with your query. If you'd like to reply to this email, we'll be able to continue working towards unlocking your phone. 

@alexthepmf If you need a PUK, we can get that for you 🙂 Pop your details over to our team using the link in my private message

@Mashup17 If you received an email from our NUC team with the unlock code but are still having a bit of trouble using this, also send your details over using the link in my private message so we're able to check on it 😊

View more options
Highlighted

I have just sent an email.

View more options
Highlighted
1: Seeker

Requested NUC for my old iPhone 6 from a 2 year contract. Received an email saying to put in the new SIM card, turn the phone on and follow the on screen instructions to setup iMessage. Never actually received a NUC. Did as the email said but instead of the new network name appearing top left, it just says searching. The phone now doesn’t recognise any SIM cards not even a Vodafone one. Please advise

View more options
Highlighted

Hi,

I have received my unlock code but it doesn't work. My samsung galaxy S8 just keeps saying 'network unlock code not accepted'. What next, please?

D

View more options
Highlighted

Hi i have been having a lot of problems trying to unlock my samsung galaxy A5 (2017) I have the NUC code and the right IMEI number and it's still not working I have been in touch with Vodafone hundreds of times about the problem and they keep fobbing me off with (it should work try again) I have tried it hundreds of times and still not working!! It's been 2 weeks now!! I have tried to see if they can give me a different unlocking code but no joy!! Could you please help me!! This is really frustrating especially when I have no choice to leave Vodafone as where I have moved to I have no signal!!!

View more options
Highlighted

NUC 58240742 not worked on Galaxy X Cover 3, model SM-G389F. 

View more options
Highlighted

Hi @forum82nippa it's right that you don't receive a NUC on iPhones, have you tried to connect to iTunes since you were advised it was unlocked? You'd normally need to long in and allow it to sync. 

@davidwolfy I'm sorry to hear your code hasn't worked. We can look to pass this on to our NUC team, share your details with us by following the private message I've sent. 

@Laurenhughes The same applies here, I'm sorry to see you haven't yet got the right code, send us your details by following the private message I've sent. 

@ABFABDOGS So we can run this by our NUC team, send us your information via the private message I've sent. 

View more options
Highlighted

I have a Sony XZ1 Compact, i have recieved the unlock code but when entered it report the unlocking as unsucessful. I have carefully entered the correct number serveral times same result.

I have inseted an EE sim and on power up it as me for the code as above.

the phone is on contract with VF and has been for about 14 months.

can anyone help please as i want to test other networks before further purchases on VF.

cheers Paul.

View more options
Highlighted
1: Seeker

Hi I received my NUC code and tried it five times on my Sony Xperia XA2. It has not worked. I have checked the IMEI number and it’s correct. I was also very careful when inputting the the unlock code. Any chance I could get some help with this?

View more options
Highlighted

I am also having the same problems unlockjng my phone you guys have emailed to say that your records suggest it already unlocked however this isnt the case iv tried my giff gaff sim and an EE sim. Iv also been in store and they confirmed the imei number matches and dont know how to further help me!!! This is rediculous it shouldnt be this hard to unlock a phone that i own and have paid for over the years ! Please assist me fast !!! My grandaughter is without means of contact because you guys cant do anything to help me! The NUC cos u sent me does not work and the imei number is correct 

View more options
Highlighted

Hi VF, can you help please ?

Paul.

View more options
Highlighted

I have received my unlock code today. When asked I have entered it into my Huawei p10 - but after several attempts i only receive the message NCK unlock unsuccesful. I have checked the imei code is correct and it is. Please advise on next step.

View more options
Highlighted

Please can someone advise what I need to do when my nuc code doesn't work. Imei no. Is correct. It is a Huawei p10.

View more options
Highlighted

@Paulhwhitehead @James7Langley @Stacey329 @Huawei I'm sorry to hear you're all having problems unlocking your phones. We'll need to access your accounts, to take a closer look into this. I've sent you all a private message with details on how to get in touch with us. Once we have this, we'll be happy to help you further.

View more options
Highlighted

I have a unlock code provided by Vodafone yesterday to unlock my Samsung Galaxy S5 (So I can use an American Sim when in USA)  I've followed the instructions by putting in another providers sim and input the unlock number given BUT it's not accepting it.  What now??

View more options
Highlighted
3: Seeker

Hi there, I've correctly supplied my IMEI to unlock my old Huawei P9.

I'd had back the NUC.

Today, I've put an o2 SIM card in and the phone won't accept the NUC which I have typed in very, very carefully...

I'm certain I've done everything right, so... what am I missing?! Thanks!

View more options