main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Unlocking

Unlocking your phone (NUC)

2: Seeker

Hi I keep getting unlock code unsuccessful. 

View more options
3: Seeker

I was unable to get my issue resolved by the Voda support here or in a Voda store. I was advised to take my handset to a ‘generic’ mobile phone store. I did so, and they unlocked it in less than a minute. 

View more options

I'm sorry to hear your having difficulty unlocking your phones @mattstrange@robgreen78 and @Stretch2567. As we'll need access to your accounts to help you further, please get in touch by following the instructions in the private message I've sent. 

View more options

I have spoken to two representatives that claim my phone is not locked to Vodafone yet when I put in a sim from Sky it says it is not supported. Can you advise? 

View more options

My iPhone is a 6s so should not need unlocking but still states sim unsupported? I have even requested a NUC which states the same just enter a sim and set up. Yet this is not working - can you advise?

View more options

Hi @Davkat0 as you have an iPhone you won't need a physical code to type in, the unlock is done in the background. We'd advise you that you need to resync with your iTunes once you've had the all clear about it being unlocked. Let us know if you have any problems in doing this.

View more options
4: Newbie

Hi I applied to have my iPhone 5c unlocked. Received email back from Vodafone to say it had been unlocked and put a new sim on a different network in and follow instruction. I’ve done this and no instructions came up, and no signal on the phone and cannot do anything call/message related, as no service. Please advise 

View more options
1: Seeker

Hello,

Got a problem unlocking my Sony Xperia Z5 Compact.  Just says sim unlocking unsuccesful. 

Triple checked both IMEI and NUC but got neither of them wrong. 

Already tried unlocking the phone multiple times previously before realising what it actually was asking. I am in argentina using an argentinian sim card if that makes a difference. How can I unlock my phone?

Cheers

View more options
17: Community Champion

@vgeyr

Unfortunately Vodafone UK cannot guarantee an unlocking code will work if a person is not in the UK while trying the unlock code. 

As I see it your options are to ship it to someone you know in the UK and they complete the unlock and then ship it back to you or try a Highstreet Store that advertises they unlock phones. 

Or sell that phone and use the funds to buy one that will accept your sim card. 

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 9 _512Gb > Model: SM-N960 Hybrid-Duos.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options

I am wondering if someone can actually help me this time around.

I am currently trying to unlock my Samsung S8 which i have all the right information/codes that i need to unlock it. HOWEVER.. the codes i have been given DO NOT WORK. 
I then went to the shop to try and resolve this issue and still no further forward. Even the guy in the shop struggled to get it working and every time said the codes do not work. They had in fact said that they didn't have my current phone on record as an upgrade even though i have had it since JANUARY 2018. I have had nothing but problems with VODAFONE and wish to have this issue rersolved. 

now do i request a new NUC code or am i stuck with a non working one! i have not been able to use my phone now for 4+ weeks and can only use wifi.. i did get a new sim card with EE and because i cannot unlock this phone.. i am now paying for a contract on another network and cannot use it!

View more options

@nat_scott22 As you've received an email stating that your phone is unlocked, to complete the process you need to insert a non-Vodafone SIM into the phone then connect it to iTunes and sync. If this doesn't work, you'll need to complete a software restore. You'll then be able to connect to the other network.

@taliamcquade I'm sorry to hear that the codes you've received haven't worked for you. So we can escalate this to the dedicated team for you, please contact us through the details that will be sent to you shortly via private message.

View more options

Hi there

I have been sent an unlocking code but it wont work. I have the imei number which matches but it wont work.  Can u please asssist me on the

View more options

Hi

I am really struggling to unlock my Galaxy S7, i bought it from a friend but it had already been upgraded, so her number wasnt associated to it anymore. I then bought a Vodafone PAYG sim, registered it on the 8th October, and now want to unlock the phone.

I completed the online form and recieved my code by email, I have then tried to enter the code (with an EE SIM), but it doesnt work, i get the message "SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK". Am i doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Dave

View more options

@DaveinHull @Essb - We can help and check why the codes aren’t working to unlock your phones. So we can do this, please send us your details by following the instructions in this private message.

View more options

Hi ya

I have a LG G5 locked to vodafone - requested a unlock code so I can use a sim with a differenet network - got emailed the code - followed the instructions but as soon as I go to service provider lock it says "phone is not personalised" and will not let me enter the code

I have checked the IMEI and its right 

I have tried another sim with another network and all it says is sim not provisioned

any ideas how to fix this?

View more options

Hi @Beldar1 that's pretty strange to see. The new SIM that you're putting in, is this active already? Otherwise it won't allow you to unlock the device.

View more options

I'm a idiot.... Just thought a new still works work straight away. All fixed thanks

View more options

I was emailed an unlock code for my Samsung S5 but it’s says the unlock has failed when I enter the code provided. I have triple checked the IMEI and it’s correct.  The online unlock form didn’t allow for the /77 that appeared at the end of the IMEI when I input the *#06# so I assume this isn’t required

Can you help please ?

View more options

Hi

I have tried entering the unlock code when inserting a different sim in my Samsung S7 but receive the error message as follows: “SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK.”

I have contacted Vodafone several times over the phone and been in store to solve this issue without success (I received different PUK codes over the phone to try which all were unsuccessful in unlocking the phone).

Please advise on how to get this sorted.  

View more options

Hi,

I was sent a NUC code to unlock my Samaung S7 phone, but it was unsuccessful. The message shown on the screen is 'SIM network PIN blicked. Enter SIM network PUK'.

What should I do next?

View more options