main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Unlocking

Unlocking your phone (NUC)

2: Seeker

Hi Josh. Thanks for your reply. When starting the phone with a Non-Vodafone SIM I am not prompted to enter an NUC. The phone just boots up normally and displays "Network locked" instead of service provider.

Yes, I received the NUC from Vodafone some days ago but the instruction says to insert the NUC into the "Service provider lock" menu when the only menu item accepting a code is "Network Lock". 

All the other menu items only display "Your phone is not personalised" 

15513799741946775843072025305347.jpg

15513800084613054947656489481117.jpg

15513800274562112954314345702182.jpg

View more options

Hi,

Sent the request 8 dsys ago for a Samsung Galaxy S7.

I'm still a Vodafone customer, just upgraded my phone and wanted to give my old phone to my son. I got an email asking to confirm my email but nothing since. That email says I'll get a response in 2 days and will be kept informed etc.

How do I  give this a nudge and get it moving?

thanks

View more options

@Lightnin51 I'm sorry to see that this was ongoing for you and that the steps you've given weren't provided to you. I'm glad to see that this is now resolved for you - please let me know if there's anything else we can help with in the future.

@Fil90 We may need to request for an alternative network unlock code for you. So we can double check what may be causing this, please follow the details I've sent in the private message that you'll receive shortly.

@KevCar As we sometimes need to contact the manufacturer to request for the unlock code, we wouldn't be able to speed this process up for you. This request can take a maximum of 10 working days to complete. If you've not received your code once this time has passed, please let us know.

View more options

I have a Samsung S6 which has unlocked for calls and texts but the mobile data doesn't work with the new Virgin sim.

Any advice - I see from countless messages this seems a common problem that goes on and on.

View more options

@highfields92 That's strange  If you're able to use calls and texts on the new non-Vodafone SIM, this would indicate that the phone has been unlocked. You may need to run the mobile data query past your new provider, as it doesn't appear to be unlock related. 

View more options

Hi, yes thats what I thought, I rang Virgin and they enabled the data - I'd missed a prompt when I put the sim in to run the apm? settings, all sorted.

View more options

@highfields92 That's great, thanks for the update! I'm glad everything's up and running 👍

View more options
1: Seeker

My Samsung s7 EDGE will not unlock with the nuc code. It says network unlock failed and will go no further.

View more options
4: Newbie

Hi , could anyone help me , I have just received the new iPad Pro 12.9 and asked Vodafone for the unlocking code which they have now sent me instructions for , it says insert a none Vodafone sim into iPad and follow onscreen instructions, I don’t have one so do I have to buy one to use to unlock the iPad or can I do it without, if I do need to buy a none Vodafone sim how do I activate it to use as it’s for an iPad not phone , I am still with Vodafone just need to unlock iPad for resale , any help would be appreciated 

View more options

Hello

Have completely the same problem with Samsung S7. Gave my phone for my sister after contract of 2 years is done. On the phone asking PUK code, not NUC code. But both of them doesnt work. What to do??? 

View more options
1: Seeker

I have both codes. Checked the imei to make sure it is for the correct phone. Will not work. Took days to get the code in the first place. Went into the Vodafone store and the guy in there looked like he had never seen a mobile phone before. Really not sure Vodafone are the company for me anymore.

View more options

Having had a bad experience of trying to pair Apple Watch for six months and then being told to hand it back in at the store as it couldn’t be done and reading your message doesn’t give me much confidence in them anymore , sent me unlocking instructions but need a none Vodafone sim to see if it worked or not 

View more options

Hi @trevwealthall this is correct. You'd need to use an active SIM card by another provider and then follow the instructions that the NUC team have sent you. 

@muwenja1990@taytrain I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch. We would need to escalate this with our NUC team to get a resolution for you both. 

@trevwealthall I'm sorry to hear you've had troubles with your Apple Watch. Just to confirm, is your most recent query about getting your phone unlocked?

View more options

Yes it was , Vodafone have sent me an email saying to complete the unlocking put in a none Vodafone sim but as I’m selling this iPad can I finish the unlocking without putting another sim into it 

View more options

@trevwealthall As you've received this instruction from our dedicated Unlocking team, you'll need to complete this process by placing a non-Vodafone SIM into the device. If there's anything further we're able to help you with, please let us know.

View more options

Looks like I'm having the same issue as a lot of people, trying to get a phone unlocked that I'd been given from work.

As Vodafone have denied the phone was used on the companies account the only method I had available was to use a PAYG sim for 30 days then re-apply for an NUC.

It has now been more 35 days but when I request the NUC I get an email saying I haven't used it with the sim for long enough.

I get an email to send a message to the NUCResolutions team which just gets me another email pointing me back to the page I started.

Any clues how I can progress getting my NUC??

View more options

@ElectroNick I'm sorry to hear you're having problems unlocking your phone, after using the Pay as you go SIM in it for over 30 days. I'll need to take a closer look into this for you. 
So I can help you further, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch 😊

View more options

.@AAdami guess this private massage are b...t coz no one doesnt respond for my email (twice).. you pay over 2 years for phone which one you can't use after your contract is done. That's unbelievable.  Never had that problem before it's all this Vodafone.  You guys are not interesting to keep your customers I see. Will be my last contract with you now. Thanks for NOT helping at all! 

View more options

I'm sorry to hear you feel that way @muwenja1990. When you completed the form in the private message, we'll have sent you a confirmation email to let you know we've got your query; did you get this?

If so, in the subject it'll have a reference number - it looks something like this [#1234567]. If you have this, let me know and I'll be happy to chase this up for you. 

View more options

.@TJ unfortunately I haven't received any feedback from you. It's been almost week already and just silent. 

View more options