main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Unlocking

Unlocking your phone (NUC)

2: Seeker

Hi, I need some assistance please. The unlock code isn't working on my Samsung s6. Please can you get in touch. Thanks.

View more options

I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 edge. I have received the NUC. I have tried various numbers on my new Virgin mobile SIM card and it is asking for a PUK code now but does not accept either the Vodafone NUC or the Virgin SIM PIN or the PUK. Virgin Mobile says it should be accepting the Vodafone NUC and I need to talk to you. 

View more options

I recently hooded from a Samsung s9+and gave this to my son to use. He put his gif gaf sim in, was told to unlock the phone. His mum used an online company to unlock and was told it was still under contract or stole . 

They then tried the code supplied by you today and it comes up with a message unsuccessful. 

Any advice? 

View more options
17: Community Champion

Assuming your using an alternative network sim card that's activated i.e. connects to mobile data then some Samsung Galaxy phones also need a mastercode also known as an unfreeze code.

Customer support can give you this or arrange for it to be se t to you.

Current Phone > Samsung Note 9 _512Gb > Model: SM-N960 Hybrid-Duos.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options

I tried a chat window with customer services who told me to email nucresolutions who told me to fill in a form and go completely back to the beginning of the process.

What a farce!

View more options

@Habster72 @Lewismatt @TOMMINNEY1960 I'm sorry you're all having difficulty unlocking your devices, I appreciate how frustrating this must be. So a member of our team can take a closer look into this and help get things sorted, please get in touch via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or contact us on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK. Please remember to include the link to this thread, along with your username.

View more options
3: Seeker

FAO: Vodaphone Admin

Your unlock code is 39302726. Just to confirm, this is for your device with the IMEI serial number ...2027. Doesnt work. 

Pse advise

View more options

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing difficulty unlocking your phone @Hutt. If you get in touch by following the information provided in my answer to your other post, we'll be more than happy to get this sorted for you.

View more options

Tried the query on Twitter, spoke to chatbot. 3 days later, still nothing. I think Vodafone is effectively breaking the law by making it so difficult to move away from them? I'm actually fed up with this runaround: i) Vodafone officially send us to this forum, where we have to open account and file an issue, but ii) this forum cannot deal with account queries and tells us to open an account and file the issue on social media - Twitter/Facebook which involves putting confidential information out and then 3) ignores us, 4) Vodafone complaints team gives us email address and 5) that email gives autoresponse to start the whole process at beginning again and ignores us. After a week of this nonsense, I am ready to launch official complaint process. Please escalate this whole process to whichever sadistic manager continues to head Vodafone customer service and delights in grinding down customers' mental health by devising mind-numbing torturous blocks to what should be a simple process of getting an unlock number.

View more options

Hi, it says the unlocking has failed.

Galaxy S10+, tried both SIM slots, my guess is that it's been too many attempts. Thanks.

View more options

Same thing with Xperia xz premium. It rejects the code.

View more options

I can see that we've spoken to you via social media since you last posted @TOMMINNEY1960, please continue to keep me updated. 

@Reviu we'll be happy to escalate the problems you've been having with both your NUCs. Please contact us via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or get in touch on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK.

Please also provide a link to this thread, along with your username; this will save time and we’ll be able to help you quicker.

View more options
1: Seeker

Hi, I've been sent an NUC code to unlock my wife's old handset (she's recently upgraded with Vodafone). I entered the NUC code into the Nokia Lumia 640 handset and saw message 'code accepted'....however I now get a message 2549 'The terminal cannot be configured remotely, please contact Customer Support for further assistance.' Please help.

View more options

All sorted now. Handset now working on new network.

View more options

That's great! Thanks for the update @IanPringle, I'm glad to hear your phones unlocked now 👍 

View more options

Vodafone i am having the exact same problem with my old phone. Please can you help i am getting nowhere.

View more options

My mum code is not working and I cannot enter the NUC letters at the end because the only letter available is N. I have a Samsung s6 and it's saying that my network control key is unsuccessful.

View more options

Hi @Kdawson and @Anita88, I'm disappointed ot hear you're both struggling to unlock your phones 😞 I'm sure we'll be able toi get this sorted for you, as we'll need access to  your accounts to do this, please contact us via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK and we'll be in touch.

View more options

I am trying to unlock my Samsung S8 to be able to use it with another provider.

Your operators on the phone kindly gave me the unlocking code, but I must have attempted to enter it incorrectly too many times. It now asks for a Network Unlocking PUK.

Help please!

View more options
3: Seeker

Posted to facebook as per request on 8th June. No reply. 

Posted on the message board on facebook today - again no reply. 

Have logged a complaint on Vodaphones complaint site. 

Just engage!!

View more options