main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Unlocking

Unlocking your phone (NUC)

2: Seeker

dr.sim

View more options
4: Newbie

@abd87 wrote:

Can you supply third party details for the rest of us 

Simply unlocked did it for me. 

£14.95 and codes within 3 hours 

View more options

If you'd like to discuss compensation @terryhh, pop back to us on Facebook and we'll be happy to take a closer look into your options. 

@James2019001 one of our team will be happy to access your account and take a closer look into getting your phone unlocked for you. Find out how to get in touch here.

View more options

If you read the extensive file and messages would realise I have given up with Vodafone and had  phone unlocked by a third party in 6  hours. Have sent a detailed email to Nick Jeffery and various members of the management team advising of the saga of my attempt to unlock my phone and the lack of service from various members/departments of Vodafone. Others should follow suit and maybe something would be done to address the obvious incompetence shown.I am not one to normally complain in this manner but have found it neccessary in this case.

View more options
1: Seeker

oh the lies the pretty sweet little lies.

So i just spent a wasted hour on a online chat with a vodafone agent trying to get a straight answer. I would prefer someone say they dont know then say things like for data protection reasons etc.

I just bought a used sony xz1 on vodafone. I bought a code online entered it carefully and it doesnt work the kicker was the 3 day wait for the code. I find the vodafone site and read the following statement.

We can only unlock your device when we’re sure it belongs to you. The best way to confirm this is by getting a free Pay as you go SIM online or in a store and using it for 30 days – a necessary step to guard against fraud. You can then complete the form to request a Network Unlock Code (NUC). 

So the first question i had was how does putting a sim in a phone prove ownership? he skirts the question.

I ask why it says the best way and not the only way i ask for other ways he skirts again

I ask if its a money earner to make me join them and what am i  meant to do for 30 days with my old number.

I tell him im happy to attend a store with the phone and recipts to show proof of ownership he skirts really hard.

keeps telling me the only way is the 30 day thing etc etc. I only have 10 days to keep or return the phone for a refund so 30 days is not ok for me. I dont mind a a fee but they dont want one. The data protection comment was a jar phone unlocking is not data protection im not asking for personal details and i already have the phone.

I do not want to get a sim credit it leave it in the phone leaving my old phone number offline then 30 days later the code they might give me might or might not work and then i cant return the phone anymore.

So the question is is it a con or is it not? the statement says its to prove ownership however it doesnt prove anything i can prove ownership in a store in five minutes. weird how the people that get the codes dont need me to prove ownership after all i assume they get the codes from the network?

So If mr A can request a code from vodafone and sell it to me for £15 in 3 days with no details but the imei number then how come vodafone insist it cant be done and i need to prove ownership but are not interested in me proving ownership. i have a recipt it shows the imei i also have my bank statment showing the purchase for the same date same amount

View more options
1: Seeker

Hi - I filled the form in online for my old phone to be unlocked. Reset my phone. Put new sim in but it doesn't work. Pls can you help?

View more options

Hi @Helenowen79 I'm sure we can help with this! It can take upto 10 working days for this to be completed. If you're using an Android phone, you'll receive and email with your code when this has been done. This will contain more information on inputting your NUC. If you're using an iPhone, once we've advised the code's been supplied, you'll need ot resync your phone with your iTunes account to update and unlock it.

If you've followed these steps and your phone is still locked, pop us a message via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK with your full name, mobile number, when you submitted your request, the make and model of your phone and any error message you receive when using this and we'll take a closer look for you 🔎

View more options

Hi

on the 10/10/19 I requested for a NUC code , according to the info I was to be waiting a max of ten days and would be kept in the loop all the way about where it was for process , this is now the fourth week I've been waiting and nothing , the local store tell me they cannot do anything about the situation except tell me to phone use but I can't since I can't use my phone , I live chatted last week telling me from that Monday it would be running within 48 hours , here I am a week later and nothing . Very fed up and frustrated the way Vodafone have been going around this 

Shaun

View more options

I had an eight week saga along the the same lines,eventually paid £25 to a third party and received a NUC within 6 hours.Claimed all monies spent back from Vodafone,but still getting emails stating they are having to contact phone manufacturer and are awating reply before they can send code. !!!!

View more options

Hi, I've just received a network unlock code through vodaphone. Unfortunately the code doesn't work. The unlock is unsuccessful. I've made double sure to type the code correctly, but only have two attempts left and the IMEI is absolutely spot on. Double checked by others. I don't want to keep attempting in the event the device becomes hard locked. Help!

View more options

Thanks for getting in touch @Mills1599 and @Psmith1993. We'll need to access your accounts, so we can escalate the issues you've been having to our NUC team. 

So one of our team can do this, please get in touch via Facebook, or contact us on Twitter. You can find more information on doing this here. Please provide a link to this thread, along with your username; so you won't have to explain yourself again. 

View more options
3: Seeker

I'm in the same boat as a few others,  entered the NUC but informed it was incorrect. Checked and double-checked the EMEI number and that is correct. I have one attempt remaining, so any help would be appreciated. Thank you

View more options

I just got mine sorted m8 , I message on Facebook and the person said it wasn't on the system ( even though a week and half ago it was ) but she got it all sorted in two days after four and a half weeks so defo try it that way and just be a bit stubborn but not take it out on them since they're only trying to help haha , hope this helps

View more options

Glad you're sorted, I'm not on Facebook but have tweeted, so fingers Xd.

View more options

Yesterday I received the unlock code from Vodafone tried to unlock the phone but it keep saying it's unsuccessful. I followed the step as described by Vodafone will a different SIM card but it didn't work. Can anyone help or advise, to note the I checked and the EMI is correct 

View more options
Well, I'm now left with a phone locked to Vodafone. I used twitter to communicate with Vodafone and one of the communications stated they had a slightly different NUC than the one provided in their email, and to try that one.
 By this time I was down to one attempt left, that failed, I was given a link to Alcatel, the manufacturer but they told me to get Vodafone to sort it out. they, Vodafone, won't \can't and now here I am locked in. I am a very light user, perhaps on a heavy day, 4 to 5 texts, the cost works out £10 per 30 days with Vodafone or 60p with O2.  There's no way I'm going to pay those rip off rates.
If anyone knows a method of how to overcome this lockin I would be extremely grateful.
View more options

I spent a frustrating two months trying to get an unlocking code from Vodafone and eventually spent £25.00 online with a sim doctor(hint) and got a code within 6 hours with instructions and unlocked.I then contacted the UK Ceo  Nick Jeffery and senior management by email with my complaint and full details and obtained a refund a of my costs  both Vodafone and third party plus compensation.The process started in August, and I am still getting regular messages from Vodafone telling me they are having problems getting a response from Samsung !!.

Give up with them as thier various departments do not communicat, most staff do not fully undertstand the process ,it is totally mishandled and they just come up with excuses for not fullfilling customer requests.I hope this gets posted

View more options
4: Newbie

I paid £15 to Simply Unlocked and got working codes within 3 hours.
This was after 4 weeks of messing about with Facebook, Twitter, ringing Vodafone and on here!

I now think it's actually a deliberate delaying tactic by Vodafone to make you stay with them!!!

View more options