main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Unlocking

Unlocking your phone (NUC)

Highlighted
4: Newbie

Yes I understand that, but an analogy would be if i purchased a washing machine from Argos and it developed a fault, I would not be advised to go to the manufacturer. I did not deal with Alcatel, Vodafone did, and Vodafone should put it right, not that you'll hold your hands up, wished I'd never dealt with Vodahell in the first place. 

I cannot believe Nick Jeffrey is aware how badly his company treats his customers.

View more options
Highlighted
2: Seeker

I'm afraid none of this has worked. The EE sim works on every other device, except the iPhone 5s but despite all the resets/sync etc, the message on the phone remains the same, ie that there is an issue wird the sim. 

It is hugely frustrating to have to spend that much time on something without any hands on support and not being able to resolve it. 

All advisors have been very kind and helpful but without continued support it's really difficult to navigate. 

View more options
Highlighted

It's disappointing to hear your phone's not been unlcoked yet @Elisaha. We'll need to access your account to help get you up and running - please contact our team via Facebook, or get in touch on Twitter. You can find more information on doing this here.

Make sure to pop your username and link to this thread in your message too, this will save you having to explain again and we can help you quicker. 

View more options
Highlighted

Hi, I requested a NUC before Christmas, it finally arrived today, but isn't working. I just get a failure message when entering it after putting a non Vodafone sim in. I've checked the EMEI in the NUC email and it matches my phone EMEI. The phone is a Galaxy S9...

Thanks,

Simon.

View more options
Highlighted

Thank you. But I've been in touch with your team and I think this needs hands on assistance. Is this an option?

View more options
Highlighted

@SimonB_  Please reach out to our team on Facebook or Twitter - be sure to include a link to your post and Community username so you won't need to repeat your query. We'll be able to take a look into the NUC you've received and help to unlock your Galaxy S9 
@Elisaha Thanks for keeping us updated. Our team will be able to communicate with the unlocking team if needed to help with unlocking your phone. Now that we have you with our team, I'd advise replying to the latest message you have from us so we can assist further - we can resolve this for you.
I've been unable to locate your message. Please ensure that your Community username is included in a message to us and we'll be able to track down the progress of your message with us.

View more options
Highlighted

Hi, I've used the NUC code dupplied by vodafone but it isnt working. Ive check the IMEI is correct. The new SIM in on ID mobile

Looking at other users issues when inputting a NUC to a Samsung S8 there seems to be another number that is required instead?

Please help

Many thanks

View more options
Highlighted

We can help with unlocking your phone @cpoulain. Pop us a message on Facebook or Twitter if you haven't already and our team will be able to resolve this for you from there. By including your Community username and a link to your post, you'll save yourself some time as you won't need to repeat yourself  

View more options
Highlighted

I've received my unlock code via email but it isn't working. I checked the IMEI several times when filling out the original form, both on the back of the phone and by use the call dialer. I've also checked I'm typing in the NUC correctly several times and that still isn't working. Every time I enter it I get a message saying "network unlocking unsuccessful", so it sounds like my unlock code must be wrong.

View more options
Highlighted

Hey @fn57 - I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with your NUC. What make and model of phone are you trying to unlock? 

View more options
Highlighted

It's a Sony Xperia 10, I've been using it on VOXI since June last year.

View more options
Highlighted

Hi, I have a Vodafone Samsung S9 which I am trying to use with a Tesco Mobile SIM. I know the SIM is ok and activated as it works in another, unlocked, phone. However, it does not work in my Samsung S9.

I have received a PUK and NUC and followed the instructions on the Vodafone website, however, when starting the phone with the new sim, it will not accept the provided NUC when prompted by the message: 'SIM Network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK'.

If I restart the phone with my Vodafone SIM installed, everything works.

Please help.

View more options
Highlighted

Hey @fn57 and @RhodriT.  So we can get this raised to our NUC team, can you please contact one of our team here. Please provide a link to this thread, along with your username so you won't have to explain yourself again. 

View more options
Highlighted
1: Seeker

Hi,

I have bought my work phone (Samsung S8) through my company who is switching to iphone. My company is with Vodafone and I'm with Three.  

When I put my Three SIM card into the phone, it says 'SIM network PIN blocked.  Enter SIM network PUK.'  

My company said they have been in touch with Vodafone to get the unlock code but first told the handset wasn't locked/registered with Vodafonr (which it is clearly btw as no other SIM worked apart from Vodafone SIM card)

So I went and ordered a PAYG SIM as per the instruction online and after 30 days, I went into my local branch to get a unlock code.  Got it, tried it and it still wouldn't unlock.  Contacted Three, they gave me two other codes and still wouldn't work.  so now I have an expensive paperweight. 

So what can I do now?  I can't switch to Vodafone just yet as I'm still in a contract with Three.  

View more options
Highlighted

Requested NUC for galaxy S8 tonight does not work. Need to get this phone unlocked due to emergency 

View more options
Highlighted

Not something mentioned anywhere but Vodafone unlock page is not compatible with Firefox browser which will refuse to accept more than 10 digits in a phone number ,

View more options
Highlighted

Save yourself the bother of wasted weeks on here, use a third party to unlock if for you.
Honestly! I got fed up of messing about with these clowns and paid £15 to Simply unlock and got working codes with 3 hours!!!!!!

https://www.simplyunlocked.co.uk/

View more options
Highlighted

@feefeelong @pjamesb We can help with getting your phones unlocked. As we'd need access to your accounts to raise this with our Unlocking team, please reach out to our team on Facebook or Twitter. Please include a link to your post and your Community username in your message. You then won't need to repeat yourself and we can get this sorted for you.

View more options
Highlighted

Good Morning, I have received my NUC and all the details are correct including the IEMI number. Unfortunately when i try to use it it says unsucessfull. I am unlocking a Galaxy S8 which is my old phone after i upgraded with you.

It seems this is not an uncommon problem with vodaphone. A swift response would be appreciated.

View more options
Highlighted

Am also trying to unock Samsung Galaxy S8. Have tried PUK and NUC codes but no use. After reading through many forum threads, I am trying to work out how to get MCK master code. Cannot find any other way to retrieve this code.

Thanks

View more options