main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Unlocking

Unlocking your phone (NUC)

Highlighted
4: Newbie

I have requested a NUC for my PAYG phone (Samsung Galaxy S10) which has been sent to me by Vodafone. I have followed the instructions, put the new SIM card in, and entered the unlock code which has been sent to me. It hasn't worked - keeps saying "incorrect unlock code". I've kept trying - each time being REALLy careful to get it correct and now I have "Network unlock code blocked. Too many incorrect attempts".

What do I do now?! Help....?!

View more options
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

@P_Bridgman 

Ask the Vodafone Social Media Teams Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries for the MCK Mastercode also known as an unfreeze code which is sometimes needed as well as the Nuc with some Samsung phones.

If you have hardlocked the phone due to too many attempts then it will need sending off via a Vodafone Highstreet Store yo have it's counter reset.

🌈Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui 2.1  / Android 10.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

Samsung Galaxy Buds.

View more options
Highlighted
2: Seeker

Hello, 

I received my email saying my iPhone was unlocked 4 days ago but no sim is working in it. Both 3 and EE sims have been tried and the same error message is showing saying it can’t be activated. 
My husband unlocked his at the same time as mine and his is working fine with a new sim. 
please could you help! 

View more options
Highlighted

@talentedtiger14 

The Vodafone Network lets a person know by email it's unlocking has been requested to Apple after accepting your Nuc online unlock request.

Please Note > The iPhone isn't actually usually unlocked to all networks at this stage when Vodafone email you. 

What happens is Apple then process the Networks request and occasionally this can take Apple approximately from a few days upto a further 30+ days sometimes from Vodafone's email to complete an unlock request made by a Network. 

To complete the process please periodically insert an active i.e. connects to mobile network data, alternative Networks Sim Card in the iPhone with hooking upto iTunes is only typically needed if its an iPhone 4 or older although it wouldn't harm to do so. 

From the iPhone 5 onwards there's not normally the need to hook up to iTunes to complete the process. 

When it's unlocked you should see a pop up message and the alternatives Networks name will show in the iPhone's status bar. 

Samsung Galaxy Buds.

View more options
Highlighted

Did you mean to tag someone else in your reply? I don't have an iPhone... 

View more options
Highlighted

@P_Bridgman 

Whoops.

My bad.

Samsung Galaxy Buds.

View more options
Highlighted

So it turns out that the unlock "NUC" code that Vodafone emailed me was just a duplicate of my EMEI code - I didn't notice that at the time.  So that explains why it didn't work when I input when prompted and subsequently got locked out of subsequent attempts. I am in a conversation with Vodafone via Facebook messenger where they acknowledged their mistake but I'm still awaiting their advice on what I should do now....

View more options
Highlighted

my husband unlocked his phone exactly the same time as me and upon receiving that email from vodafone, he was able to put a giffgaff sim in his phone and start using it straight away. 
the email does say - enter a sim straight away and it will be fully unlocked? 

View more options
Highlighted
3: Seeker

Hi,

I've tried to unlock my old phone 3 times with the nuc code (have checked the I'd number of the phone and it is correct) but it is not working. Any ideas?

View more options
Highlighted

@Tgrubb 

What make and model of phone are you wanting to unlock  ?

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Samsung Galaxy Buds.

View more options
Highlighted

Huawei p9

View more options
Highlighted

I've tried the nuc code on my old Huawei p9 and it doesn't work. Where can I get help with this? 

View more options
Highlighted

@Tgrubb 

I assume the alternative sim card your trying is activated i.e connects to mobile data etc. 

How-do-I-use-my-nuc. 

If so then Live Chat or 191 or the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries can help.

I'd suggest Twitter.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Samsung Galaxy Buds.

View more options
Highlighted

Hi

I've received my NUC and followed instructions, but phone will still not unlock. When I put in my sim card from another network, and enter the NUC it says 'SIm network pin blocked. Enter SIm network PUK'

I have been to a Vodafone shop, they have directed me here and said I need to get another nuc.

I have been to O2 and tried my sim in a different phone they say it's a problem with the phone not the SIm.

Your help would be greatly appreciated thankyou. 

View more options
Highlighted

A replacement Nuc cannot be issued via the forum as the Vodafone Social Media Teams do not have that access from here.

You can however speak to them via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries 

That said Live Chat or Customer Services should have been able to help you too.

On a side note > If your wanting to unlock a Samsung phone then sometimes a MCK Mastercode also known as an unfreeze code as well as the Nuc is needed. 

Customer services or the Vodafone Social Media Teams can help with this too.

The Puk is needed to unblock a sim card after too many attempts to unlock a sim pin has been attempted.

This has nothing to do with unlocking a phone. Its my thinking the phone's getting confused.

Samsung Galaxy Buds.

View more options
Highlighted

@Ebebeb Please get in touch with us on social media so we can contact our NUC directly for an update 👍

Facebook - Vodafone UK

Twitter - @VodafoneUK 

View more options
Highlighted

I not had my unlocking code yet 

View more options
Highlighted

I haven't been able to check the SIM card because the nuc code doesn't work. I have tried Twitter and got no response from customer services and this community is a very clunky way of obtaining help. Please can someone from Vodafone actually help with a nuc that works? Or an explanation of what I need to do to do to unlock the old phone. 

View more options
Highlighted

I have received the unlock NUC number from vodafone but the phone is still locked, what do i need to do next to make it work?

View more options
Highlighted

@Tgrubb Have you gotten any repsonse at all from us on Twitter yet? If not, please can you provide me with your '@' handle? 

@AlexandruMario To look into your failed NUC received, we'll require account access. Please can you send your details over to our team via a secure channel mentioned Here

View more options