main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Unlocking

Unlocking your phone (NUC)

Highlighted

@paulo1111 Just like @allyd7 said, swing a message our way and we'll be able to get the Master Unlock Code for your Samsung! You can contact our teams on social media and Live Chat, following the channels mentioned HERE.

View more options
Highlighted
4: Newbie

So I asked for an unlock code 14 days ago and haven't received anything. I chatted with an advisor earlier who gave an email address to contact the unlock team to get an answer which auto replied don't use this about nuc, use form which I've already done. Back on the useless vodafail merry-go-round, again.........

View more options
Highlighted

Yeah unfortunately it takes time, be patient you'll get there

View more options
Highlighted

Be patient? Why?

When were they patient taking my money?

View more options
Highlighted

They will compensate you, they did for me I got unlimited data for a month because of the inconvenience, just ask when you are chatting to them

View more options
Highlighted

With respect, I'm not interested in a few pennies for data, that I don't get a decent enough service to use. Why if you're looking for a new reliable functioning network, would you want any reason to delay your departure? They constantly quote their t&c's at you, why do they get to ignore them when it suits?

View more options
Highlighted

Hey @Donein If you contact us through the link in my reply to your other post we'll be happy to look into the delay in providing your NUC.

View more options
Highlighted

As stated in my reply to the other post, and with the hope another answer might highlight my plight and get me some help.

Its now 19 days and counting since my request for my NUC........

Its now 4 days since I was promised a manager call back within 3 days to find out what happened to my NUC

I do not use those media platforms 

View more options
Highlighted

If you're not connected to social media @Donein you can speak to us by calling 191 from any Vodafone line, or 03333 040191 from any UK line. You can also reach out to us via Live Chat and we'll be happy to help.

View more options
Highlighted
2: Seeker

It's been sorted now

View more options
Highlighted

After spending 4 hours in chat this morning this is the stats

meaningless apologies = 15

times being asked for just a couple of minutes = 12

Longest " just a couple of minutes" = 27 minutes 

Lies = 2

New excuses = 2

Changes in time frame = 3

Actual answers to questions = 0

Promises = 1,654,061,275

Issues resolved = 0

View more options
Highlighted

I have received my unlock code via email. I have finally got round to trying to do this and the code is unsuccessful.

I got the code a while ago, do they expire?

I have double and triple checked the IMEI code is correct and it is. Any idea?

View more options
Highlighted

Does your code contain + or letters?  It should just be numerical if not get in touch with Vodafone who will provide the correct code.  They are having issues providing the correct codes

View more options
Highlighted

Is there any chance I could find someone at Vodafone that actually cares. I just want an unlock code for my Samsung S9 so my wife can use my old phone.

I used the form and i got an error message when i did it. So i told the Vodafone chat agent and they raised the form for me and said it was all ok and i should have the code within 10 working days.

10 working days later i speak again and they said it was unusual so they have escalated the issue and claimed the escalation team will get my code within 48 hours

48 Hours later i still dont have my code and i reach out again via chat and via twitter and they said to wait a little longer and i should get an email or text with my code.

another 24 hours later i still dont have my code and not even an email or text to say what on earth is happening. I keep being told its with the NUC team and they are waiting for the manufacturer which would be Samsung. Considering Samsung say they dont lock their phones to network providers and its the providers that have the codes. I am really starting to feel like i am being messed around.

Considering the other posts saying their unlock codes dont work i am starting to lose the will to live with how much of a horror show this is. Locking it to a network should become illegal as this nonsense is just pathetic. Clearly its because there is no money in it for Vodafone that they dont give a stuff.

View more options
Highlighted

Hi @grayc22, I'm sorry to hear you've been experiencing issues with your Network Unlock Code (NUC) request. It can take a maximum of 10 working days for us to receive this from the manufacturer. When the form was submitted on your behalf, you should have received an email confirming we've received your request 48 hours after this happened. Has this appeared in any spam or junk folders?
You'll then need to verify your details are correct and it will be 10 working days from that date. This process is something which occurs with all network providers, as the phone will lock to the provider once the SIM is inserted/activated.

If this has been escalated by us on Twitter or through one of our other channels, it can be 10 working days from the escalation for us to receive the code from the manufacturer. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may be causing in the meantime - rest assured we'll get your phone unlocked for you.

View more options
Highlighted

Funny how many excuses, sorry, "reasons" that suddenly appear out of thin air for delays to any vodafone promise. 

Below is taken from the vodafone site, Anyone tell me how an additional 10+ days is slightly longer? Or why they don't give a more informative, accurate guide? (The bold emphasis is their work)

This form only takes a few minutes to fill in. Once you've completed it, we'll usually unlock your device within 72 hours. If we need to check your details or contact the device manufacturer, it may take us slightly longer.

View more options
Highlighted

Hi @Donein, have you contacted us using Twitter, Facebook or WebChat? We understand your frustration, especially if this needs to be escalated, however, as soon as we get the details from the manufacturer, the team will send this across. 

View more options
Highlighted
3: Seeker

Hi @tasch, looking at your reply to @grayc22, it says once you request a NUC that you would get an email confirmation in 48 hours.

All I've had is the verify your email one:

"To complete your application for a Network Unlock Code (NUC), please check your details are correct below and then click the red button to verify your email address."

Which I did, 10 working days ago, but I haven't heard anything since. What do I do now?

View more options
Highlighted

Hi @SpongeDogg, that's right, you should recieve an email within 10 working days of submitting your request. If you haven't received an email at this point, I'd recommend reaching out to our Social Media team here, they'll be able to escalate this for you.

View more options
Highlighted
3: Seeker

Thanks Jack. I used the Asked to DM option on Twitter, and I've sent them a link to this page and my original details but it hasn't been read :Sad_face:
Is there a better way or should I just wait?

View more options