main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Unlocking

Unlocking your phone (NUC)

Highlighted
4: Newbie

As an old hand at dealing with vodafone, may I suggest you use the chat facility and ask to make a complaint about failure to provide information in a timely manner and to get a call back about it. Use the chat facility and click the little envelope icon toward the top left of page, so you can get a copy of transcript emailed to you. They will not suggest this to you. The records they keep on your account, are so poor, they will bear no relation to what has been discussed and it will take a SAR request to retrieve them at a later stage, should you need them.

Please allow plenty if time for this, I've yet to have a chat in less than an hour and usually it's much longer. 

They should offer a complaints call back within 3 days. They will do something then,  as unresolved complaints can be reported to cisas (they are vodafones ofcom)

Not the reply you wanted but hopefully it will nudge someone to assist you before you escalate. Good luck.

View more options
Highlighted
3: Seeker

Thanks @donein I'm not holding out much hope. You ask nicely in the official thread and hear nothing, it's only when you go full gas do you get any attention, it seems.
I'm thankful I'm not with them tbh. Someone gave me a 'locked to them' iPhone for my son and we just want to be free. Not that happy with Apple either but the boy can't see past 'It's an iPhone'

View more options
Highlighted

I got a little engagement on Direct Messages on Twitter, lots of I'd be happy to get this looked into.. and then silence. I appreciate there is nothing in it for Team Vodafone to unlock a blinking phone but there are wasting their own money by having to answer my queries on all different platforms. Just unlock the bloody phone. I've used the official form, I've waited now 13 working days, they have my IMEI number, it is locked to Vodafone, only they can unlock it from Apple's sodding servers for reasons I do not understand. JUST UNLOCK THE PHONE AND I'LL BE OUT OF HERE.

View more options
Highlighted

Thank you for dropping the team a message @SpongeDogg. Are you still awaiting a response? 

If you are, could you pop over the Twitter handle you have used to message us and I'll make sure it gets picked up 😊 

View more options
Highlighted

Thanks Evie, it's fattybacon

View more options
Highlighted

A week later on Twitter, we are still no closer to a resolution.

To recap: We've been going round in circles on Twitter for over a week now. It's costing Vodafone time and money to service these questions, it would be much simpler if you just unlocked the phone and we all can get on with our lives. I've responded to every requirement you have had to identify and verify the account. 've even asked my ex-wife to find out the original owner's date of birth, which I got even though the NUC form doesn't even require it. I do not understand why this cannot be sorted out.

Please forward me details of how to initiate the complaint or issue escalation process because I have had enough.

View more options
Highlighted

Thanks for your username and getting back to us @SpongeDogg, we'll make sure that this gets picked up over our Twitter channel. 

View more options
Highlighted

Thanks @MarkD it's spurred them into action. They are now suggesting investing in a pay-as-you go sim... which in hindsight I should have done back at the start of September. I just had high hopes as you actually had a web form to fill in to request a NUC.

Does the sim just need to be active in the phone or do I have to top it up with money and use it?

View more options
Highlighted

Thanks for the update @SpongeDogg, the Pay as you Go SIM Card would need to be used on the network and this would need to be for 30 days. You can find how to order one here and you can check information on getting the device unlocked form Pay as you Go here

View more options
Highlighted
2: Seeker

I need my unlock code, have filled in the form correctly and even chatted online on Sunday. I was promised I would have the code within 48 hours. The adviser said they would personally ensure I would get it. it’s been more than 10 days since my original request. The only emails I have are emails saying there is a problem with my unlock request but that you will email me the code within 10 days. I still don’t have it. I absolutely do not want to have to pay for another month with you and I need the code now before the next payment is due or I’m left without a useable phone. I’m out of contract and getting very frustrated that I can’t leave Vodafone. Please help. 

View more options
Highlighted

Also to add to the above. My phone is an iPhone 7 purchased from Vodafone. I have given the correct IMEI. I believe the issue is to do with Vodafone messing up my account years ago when I got married. I sent my marriage certificate at the time and instead of changing my name Vodafone somehow messed up and I ended up with 2 accounts. After many frustrating phone calls I eventually managed to get Vodafone to close one of the accounts, but it’s left now that the account name is still in my maiden name but the telephone number is linked to my married name. I’ve tried using both names on the unlock request form. 

View more options
Highlighted

I applied for a NUC code on the 22nd of September and after three live chats and speaking to a supervisor I am no closer to getting my NUC code, please can someone help I have been on a new contract for 2 weeks and cannot use it. I am going away and need to unlock my phone. 

View more options
Highlighted

I have an iPhone and requested an unlock on 22/09 but not heard back since. 

not sure why its taking so long. Past experience unlocks happened next day. This time its taking much longer. Been on twitter, messenger and get the same story to wait 72 hours for a response. Nothing as of yet. 

View more options
Highlighted

Hi @kellenny & @Rampage When unlocking an iPhone, you don't receive a code in the same way you would for an Android device. Your phone is unlocked via an update to your iTunes account directly from Apple. Once you've received and email confirming your phone's been unlocked, pop a non-Vodafone SIM in and resync your phone with your iTunes account. once this has been completed. On the models you both have connecting to a PC or laptop shouldn't be required for this process, but is advisable.

If you're still struggling to connect after trying this, pop us a messages through one of our Social Channels and we'll be happy to take a closer look 🔎

If you're also using an iPhone @dbavers, follow the steps above, if not pop us a message through Facebook or Twitter and we'll be happy to help get your phone unlocked 

View more options
Highlighted

And when that doesn't work and you keep customers like me waiting for months to have my phone which I've paid off to work??

View more options