main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Unlocking

Unlocking your phone (NUC)

Hey @Turbobanana 

As @SpongeDogg advises, you'll need to use a Vodafone SIM card in the phone for at least 30 days before we can unlock if for free.

Once you've done that, fill out the NUC request form here 🙂

View more options
3: Seeker

Thanks @GemmaP I forgot to come back to my post and add the NUC link.

View more options
2: Seeker

Hi, I requested an NUC on 2nd Nov and was told it would take upto 10 working days. On 16th Nov having heard nothing, I contacted Vodafone to be told that I hadn't responded to an email sent on 5th Nov - after checking i confirmed that I had not received any email re my NUC request and the agent completed a form on my behalf and told me to wait another 7 days. Still haven't received my NUC, is there anyone from Vodafone who can help me - can't get TOBi to understand my issue or pass me over to a person and can't get past the automated voice answering service either. 

View more options
4: Newbie

Hi use Facebook messages if you can, you get results quicker

View more options

Having so much trouble trying to unlock my iphoneX guys. Can I have a contact email so I can speak direct to the unlocking team? I'm going round in circles. 

View more options

Hi @tracygunn 👋 We`re unable to correspond by email but if you pop a message over to our social teams here, and we will be able to take a closer look at this. 

View more options

Very clear precise video.

BUT the problem arises when you don't receive your unlock code email after 10 days. Do you receive an update from Vodafone - NO, of course not, you have to contact them to fin out what is going on and as we all know only too well that is easier said than done. It took me 3 weeks, from the end of the initial 10 day period, to get my unlock email and in that time I tried numerous methods of contacting Vodafone, the best was Messenger, but it is very slow.

My advice to a Vodafone customer is - request your unlock code on receipt of your new phone.

My advice to Vodafone is - listen to your customer feed back you clearly have a major support issue and you need to address it or you will loose customers.

View more options

I've done that. On the 11th November. And I'm still waiting for my issue to be resolved. Feels like the Vodafone way of solving problems, is by just ignoring them, in the hope that the customer just gives up. 

View more options

HI - got an email from the unlocking team (after providing the IMEI and the other information required for the unlocking code) saying the phone can now be used with the new sim but guess what - no change and still saying the new SIM is not recognised.

The email from the unlocking team is of course from a 'do not reply' email address?

We're at a loss (like most people on this thread what to do next)?

Please advise/help.

Jayne

View more options

Any mods monitoring this thread?  It all seems rather quiet.

Would appreciate a reply if possible - thanks.

View more options

Try contacting the social media team. You will at least get a response... but they still haven't fixed my problem and I've had 3 people ask me almost an identical set of questions. It really is not good enough. 

View more options

Thanks @tracygunn

View more options

I'm afraid you're going to have to contact support for this. Try messenger it worked for me.

Or take the iPhone to a repair shop and ask them to sort it, I know you shouldn't have to and it'll cost you, but it might resolve the issue quickly. 

View more options

@tracygunn @jlcostello I'm sorry to see you've both been facing issues when requesting your network unlock codes.
When reaching out to our team, please do include your Community usernames and links to your posts if you haven't already. With us being the same team we'll be able to read your query from here, meaning you won't need to write this again and we can track down your messages to us to check on our progress.

Please be aware we advise against using any third party companies to unlock your phone as this can affect the phone's warranty. 

View more options

I'm having a nightmare with this on facebook.

Despite Apple being clear that all we need to do is insert the new sim ONCE the unlocking has been done by vodafone we are still getting the 'Sim not supported message....".

Vodafone have then suggested we need to sign out of icloud - we did that - no difference.

Vodafone are now saying a complete erase/factory reset - again contradicting what Apple are saying.

View more options

I've been told by one of your social media team that the reason by NUC request was rejected is because I haven't yet paid 3 months of bills. The phone I'm trying to unlock I've had on one of your iPhone contracts since September 2018. I've paid over 24 months of bills. Where to start? 

View more options

I can see one of our team is looking into this for you @tracygunn and I'm sure they'll reply to your latest message shortly.

Unfortunately, I've been unable to locate a chat including your community ID @jlcostello, did you include this in your conversation with us? If you've received a confirmation that your phone's been unlocked, to complete this process, pop your new SIM in to your phone and resync it with iTunes and your phone will be unlocked. You should be able to resync without having to connect your phone to a laptop or PC, but if you have any difficulty doing it without connecting, you may need to connect before resyncing.

View more options

We've done the full factory reset but the phone is still saying SIM NOT SUPPORTED.

I've restarted my chat with vodafone on facebook messenger and I've added the @jlcostello name too.

Something isn't right - I've asked them to confirm that the unlocking has been done but still waiting for a human being to come onto the messenger.

View more options

Hey @jlcostello - I've been able to find your conversation on Facebook and it looks like Maariyah has been able to sort this for you 🙌

If you need anything else, please don't hesitate to get back in contact!

View more options

Hi, I requested a NUC online for my iPhone 7 Plus on the 2nd December and have not had a response yet and it has been 10 working days. Please can you provide an update or a link to get in touch with someone to discuss and to try to resolve. Your online chat people think it’s unlocked but when I tried a different sim it didn’t work and I’ve not had an email response yet. Thanks Mark

View more options