main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Unlocking

Unlocking your phone (NUC)

te132064
2: Seeker

I have requested and received an unlock code for a Nokia 515 but it is not working. I get the error incorrect code.

I've checked the IMEI serial number and that is correct but the code does not seem to work. I am un-locking to allow an EE SIM if that helps. 

regards

Andrew

View more options
kiyonebabe

I've received an unlock code to unlock my old Samsung galaxy s5 but it's not working. When I enter the SIM network unlock pin and click unlock it says network unlock request unsuccessful. The imei looks like it matches so I'm not sure what the problem is, please help!

View more options
John_Harvey
3: Seeker

Hi,

I requested a code for my old Sony XZ, which I want to give to my son but the code didn't work when we entered it twice. I tried filling out the form again with the model from the phone itself but this came back saying you a processing my requst already.

Can you check the code you sent me is right or get me another unlock code please?

John

View more options
Adam

To all that are having problems attaining a NUC or PUK, please try this option first of all. If this option hasn't worked please comment below so we can get your details to escalate it with our NUC team. 

View more options
John_Harvey
3: Seeker

Hi Adam,

I got the code but it doesn't work, can this be escalated?

John

View more options
dave1480

Adam,

Seriously? If you'd read my message you'd see I already have the NUC code. It doesn't work. Many other users on this forum are reporting the same problem.

Been quoted £25 to have the phone unlocked by a private shop. Small cost to me but big loss to you as i've spent around £1000 on your network over the last 2 years and have to decide whether to renew with you very soon. No working code, no renewal.

View more options
MD_Blackwell

Just to reiterate how bad this company's service is - just imagine if you had paid off your mortgage with the bank but when you tried to sell the house they send a team of ninjas to burgle your house and steal the deeds to the property. Now you have a house you can't sell - even though you've found a buyer willing to pay the asking price, but bacause they have a mortgage deal with a different bank VodafoneBank plc says 'sorry partner, no can do.'

I own the handset that you are holding ransom. It was paid off a long time ago. You are preventing me from using my own property and as such are in breach of my civil rights. Your system is purposely designed to frustrate the customer and ultimately make them give up trying to unlock their handsets. We all know that it's easy for Vodafone to sort this out, but there are literally hundreds of people on here blindly posting the same messages over and over with generic 'click here - grab a PUK - enjoy life' responses from the Vodafone team. 

The guy in my local shopping centre can sort it for £25. Why is that? I pay you £50 a month and have done for 10 years - roughly £6,000 during that time. Yet you put in place layer upon layer of administration designed to make me give up on my old handset and use it as a paperweight.

PUK off.

View more options
te132064

Adam

Please don't take this the wrong way but by posting here and describing what has happened, I viewed this as the next step i.e. I have an unlock code and have tried it but it doesn't work. Asking us to get an unlock code isn't much help unless you are implying we should make additional requests as they are sometimes generated incorrectly?

I'd simply like to know what the next step is having got a code that doesn't work?

regards

Andrew

View more options
wrightg30

Hello 
I have a LG G5(LGH850) mobile phone through a contract.

I followed online procedure for a network unlock code- NUC, which I have received, along with following instructions for use of code. 
1. Turn on the phone 
2. From the home screen press the Call button (or enter the dialing menu) and then enter the following text: 2945#*850# (an unlock menu will automatically appear) 
3. Select Service Provider Lock 
4. Enter your NUC and press Ok (the phone will be reset automatically) 
5. Switch off the phone insert the SIM card for your new network 

However on following these instructions when I select 3. Select Service Provider Lock - I get the following screen with a message 
"Your phone is not personalized" 
There is no option to enter the NUC code. 
Or if I insert a different network sim card I get no prompt to enter a NUC code. 
It does not appear there is a method to unlock the phone and use a different network sim? 

I have switched phone off and left  and tried with or without the new network sim card.

Powering back on with new sim card in and powering back on and then inserting the new sim card.

On doing the latter the phone recognizes a sim card change and powers off and back on, but still the phone remains locked and doesn't recognize the sim card.

I have checked that the sim card is working on another phone and found it okay.

I have checked the phone with another sim card and found it also isn't recognized.

Installing original sim card and found it is recognized.

So to summarize

I received NUC code , followed instructions on how to input the code, but when getting to the service provider lock selection, I still get message " phone is not personalized" and no option to input the NUC.

I really am not sure what else I can do.

Facts
Phone doesnt allow to get to a screen that allows input of NUC
Sim card original is working
New network sim is not recognised, but have proven it works on another unlocked phone.
Similar network sim card that I know works is also not recognised on this phone.

please help solve issue.

On contacting LG they have said the following

Good morning George, 

Thank you for your query regarding your LG G5; 

I am sorry to hear that you are still having an issue with this, I have included below the process which we know of for unlocking handsets however this is not something that we have a lot of information: 

Network Unlock Process guide 

To perform network unlock on the handset 

Customer will need to obtain a network unlock code 
(codes can be obtained from the network provider the handset is locked to or places like Ebay) 

Dial 2945#*modelnumber# 
for example the LG G5 (H850) is 2945#*850# 

The Network unlock menu will load 

For major providers e.g. Vodafone or Three 
Select Network Lock 

For smaller providers e.g. GiffGaff or Tesco 
Select Service Provder Lock 

PLEASE BE AWARE IF THE WRONG CODE IS ENTERED 10 TIMES THE HANDSET WILL BE PERMANENTLY LOCKED 

if this does not work then I would be inclined to ask Vodafone if there is something that is not being done on their part as this is all we ever advise and therefore we have nothing else that this could be. 

please note I have tried their method and selected Network lock and inputted the provide NUC, it doesnt work and I have now used 5 of the 10 attempts.

Please help rectify this issue

George

View more options
kiyonebabe

Hi Adam,

As per my post, I've already tried an unlock code and it hasn't worked. Can you please escalate this.

View more options
noised

Adam, if I was getting NUC, I was trying all variations of unlocking. And NUC dont work. As I know, my Nokia locked with 20 digit code, but I receive 15 digit code. 

View more options
Adam

Hi @John_Harvey we'll be more than happy to pass this on to our NUC team to get it resolved. Please send us your details by following the steps I've sent you in a private message@dave1480, I did read your message. As a short while has passed since your original post, you may have had the correct code and have had your query resolved. If you'd like us to help, send us your details via the private message I've sent you. @MD_Blackwell from your comment I'm not entirely sure whether you have gone to your local shopping centre to have this done. If you haven't, please do send us your details via the private message that I've sent you. We'll be happy to help. @te132064 There are various ways to get your NUC, I was just giving the community one of those ways. We're happy to pass your information on to our NUC team to get this sorted for you. Send us your details via the private message I've sent you. @wrightg30 I've taken a look online and have seen this post about your situation, let me know if it helps. @kiyonebabe Of course, please send us your details via the private message I've sent you. @noised Let us know your details via the private message I've sent so we can have a closer look. 

View more options
wrightg30

Adam

thanks for the response, I had seen this site previously.

But was relectant to use as I believe that rather than pay for this service, Vodafone should be able to provide me the correct codes and process for unlocking a phone that I have had on contract for nearly 2 years.

George

View more options
Adam

@wrightg30 You may well have been given the correct codes, but it looks like your phone isn't allowing you to enter it. We'll see if our NUC know any information regarding this. Please send us your details by following the steps on the private message I've sent you. 

View more options
Rotwurst

Hi, I received and my nuc code but on starting up the mobile with the new SIM in I do not get an option to input the code. 

online chat advised I email the resolutions team but I require the email address. thanks.

View more options
63johnw
17: Community Champion

@Rotwurst wrote:

Hi, I received and my nuc code but on starting up the mobile with the new SIM in I do not get an option to input the code. 

online chat advised I email the resolutions team but I require the email address. thanks.

Hi are you sure the phone is locked? If you put a non Vodafone sim in what happens? Can you make calls?

View more options
Rotwurst

if I put a non Vodafone SIM in It will not connect to a network and I do not get the option to input the nuc code 

View more options
Rotwurst

I've been through all the steps in the email I received about unlocking the phone but I still don't get an option to input the nuc code when the phone restarts. 

View more options
Tash

We'd like to help with unlocking your phone @Rotwurst.

So that we can do this, please follow the details I've sent in the private message to you and a member of our team will be in touch.

View more options
Jedwards
1: Seeker

Hi,

I received an unlock code recently as I'm in the US now, but it is not working (says unlock unsuccessful). I don't believe I entered it wrong or too many times, also IMEI matches.

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S8

Kind regards,

Josh

View more options